LSU vs Alabama: Who will win?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Nov 4, 2009.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2009.
  1. Alabama

26 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. LSU

98 vote(s)
    79.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TF Staff

TF Staff Guest

In traditional Saban style, Alabama brings a strong defense to the game supported by a good, but not great offense led by a senior quarterback. Alabama's offense still faces questions as they have done just enough to win ball games. The big question is how much better can they get, as many believe the Bama offense has peaked in terms of it's potential.

LSU comes into the game showing signs of great potential and giving LSU fans a glimpse of what most have been asking for all year. A more creative offensive gameplan and more touches to the many skill players LSU has on it's roster. This glimpse into LSU's offensive potential has also come against less than stellar defenses so the big question is whether they can do it against a big time defense like Alabama's.

The LSU defense seems to be gelling at just the right time. It's more of a bend and don't break style that many LSU fans are still coming to grips with, but it's getting the job done which is the bottom line. Now that the defense has come together, the question is whether or not Chavis will become a little more aggressive having faith that everyone is on the same page, allowing more blitzing and man coverage.

The SEC West championship is more than likely riding on this game. Who comes out on top?

2. dudley

dudley oops!

I actually think LSU will win. Bama has the advantage of playing in Brian Dennehy Stadium and a bye week to prepare. The media has them pencilled in to play in the SECCG and the SEC officials may have instructions to make that happen but ...

did anyone watch Bama get exposed against Tenn., who would have won the game if they had some receivers or even a field goal kicker.

I'm giving Bama 1 TD and 3 field goals, LSU 2 TD's and 2 field goals.

LSU - 20
    Alabama - 16

3. geauxgirlsguy

geauxgirlsguy Its cold here.

I love LSU's chances, but we have to play as close to perfect as possible. Bama is beatable and I think we are the ones to do it.

4. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

I'm going with history. Here's the last 4 games we played Alabama at Alabama:

41-34 in 2007, 16-13 in OT in 2005 and 27-3 in 2003.

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Uh that's only 3 games...:hihi:

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

The new math dude, take another hit...

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

In 2001, we win 35-21, Rohan Davey passes for 500+ yards; Josh Reed has a great day, around 200 receiving yards I believe.

Can we make it 5 in a row in Tuscaloosa? YES!

:geauxtige

8. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Josh Reed was actually closer to 300, someting like 290 I believe, and would have had 300 and another TD if he had not showboated going into the endzone on one of them. Bama guy caught him and knocked the ball out.

9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

As we get closer to gametime, I am starting to think that there will be a little more scoring than I originally thought. My first prediction was 17-13 LSU. I am now thinking 24-17, LSU!

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU 13, Bama 9

I just thought of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.