LSU vs Alabama: Who will win?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Nov 4, 2009.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2009.
  1. Alabama

26 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. LSU

98 vote(s)
    79.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. careeves

careeves Freshman

First off it is Bryant Denny, surely everyone knows half of the stadium is named after Bear Bryant...not Brian. Anyways just had to throw that out there. I am really baffled by how many of you think LSU is going to score alot of points on the overall best defense in the nation. The only reason Tennessee even scored a touchdown late in the game was because our tired defense was bascially on the field the ENTIRE game. LSU will have a very difficult time scoring touchdowns against our defense especially since we've had a week off to recuperate. I really think this will be a low scoring ball game and a definite defensive driven game. The only way LSU wins by more then a 6 points is if you completely shut down our offense and our defense is on the field the entire game like our game against UT. I just don't see that happening. The advantage is favored for bama. Home game in Bryant Denny, coming off a bye week, with pretty much a healthy Alabama team. Any those years you came to Tuscaloosa and won were under Mike Shula. Very differnet circumstances now with Saban. Oh yeah and we aint Auburn. ROll Tide!!!

LSU - 13
    Alabama - 20

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

:lol:

Whether Dudley really thinks it's Brian Dennehy, or not - the fact that you explained it is even funnier!

[​IMG]

:lol:

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What makes you think your defense won't be out there the entire game again? Your offense ain't exactly lighting it up either.

And by the way, I'm pretty sure the guy you quoted knows the name of your stadium. I know your a Gump and all, but go back and re-read his post and see if you can understand the joke the 2nd time around.

4. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

No you are not Auburn, just Auburn rejects!:hihi: You left yourself open for that one. What you jealous of your in state brothers? Why all the hate for Shula? Nick is winning with Shula's talent. We did beat ya'll in 07 with little nicky leading your team.

5. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

That was the thinking with Utah. Utah was no match for a rested,well prepared Bama team coached by the mighty Saban.

The bye is not always good for some teams. A team sloppy and out of sync could actually be hurt by the week of not playing at real game speed. Lord knows LSU fans have seen their share of this.

Even the guys on college football live last night were writing off LSU. Someone said that Bama should be concerned with RS and the LSU passing game. The others scoffed at him and said LSU was going to get pounded by Ingram. One even eluded that it would be more like practice for the Heisman canidate. I hope we stuff right down their throat. Some of these sports writers are so openly bias it makes me sick.:cuss:

6. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Would love nothing more if LSU wins but I gotta go with my head not my heart so I voted bama.
    I think we will have trouble moving the ball much like against Florida and their run game will eventually take it's toll on our d.

7. dudley

dudley oops!

I can't believe you would name half a stadium after Coach Bryant. Which half is it I wonder? Is it printed on the ticket? I can imagine him saying, :angryfire " Damn, it's hot down here and you doofusses throw me a jalapeno sandwich by naming half a stadium after me."

I do understand they are going to name the stadium exits after Coach Saban though. To make them easy to find they'll be marked with $ signs

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

can our o-line hold up?

can our d-line move their o-line?

:lsup: 13 gumps 12

drake nevis blocks fg with no time left on clock

keeps helmet on

"JACK HUNT! JACK HUNT!"

9. Halekala

Halekala Founding Member

I watched today's (Friday) Sportscenter and Robert Smith picked LSU to beat 'Bama. I was like, you go Smith!

10. Halekala

Halekala Founding Member

What Robert Smith argued was quite simple and I was glad to hear it from him. He said LSU would stop 'Bama running attack and make their QB throw the ball. Saban apparently told his QB to take chances every now and then. Robert Smith said that Saban's comment would get into the QB's head and he would try to force something and that's when LSU's athletic secondary would come up with turnovers! Walla!

Go Tigers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.