LSU vs Alabama: Who will win?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Nov 4, 2009.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2009.
  1. Alabama

26 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. LSU

98 vote(s)
    79.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

I watched it to and heard Smith say that as well, I was seriously shocked the only one to pick LSU
    GEAUX TIGERS:tigereye:

2. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

:geaux:

Hello all! New to the forum, which is great!

I am LA native and long time LSU fan living in Birmingham AL and have watched nearly all of LSU's and Alabama's games this year. For what its worth, these are some of my observations.

Offensively, LSU will have to protect JJ. AL's defense is every bit as good, if not better than Florida's - a game in which we had a horrible time moving the ball. LSU's 5 man O-line could not protect JJ from a 4 and sometimes even 3 man rush. From what I've seen, shotgun formation with JJ by himself and a 5 wide receiver set is trouble for LSU because 1) JJ is not mature enough (nor does he have the time) to check down on that many receivers, and 2) the D-line can "pin their ears back" and come full speed at QB b/c there is no threat of run. If LSU would put 1 or even 2 backs in backfield with JJ, they could 1) help with blocking, and 2) at least make the AL d-line think about a draw. I think that would give JJ enough time to make the throws. I think a 3 receiver set with Lafell, Tolliver and then Randle, Holliday, etc, can make plays against the very good AL secondary. Ive seen enough AL games now to know that their secondary is very good, but not perfect. Our receivers are atheletic enough to really test them. Not to mention, bringing Dickson from TE spot. We have too many weapons to cover - just got to have the right game plan. Kind of like the Saints!

For the running game, the option LSU tried to run against GA did not work well and looked worse against Fla. It is slow developing and in my opinion goes too deep into our own backfield. AL's defense will kill it. I dont have much hope for us getting a running game going, but we need to keep the d-line of AL thinking about stopping the run. I hope to see Shepard get more touches this game b/c I think he is something special - maybe a wildcat, or screen pass out of the backfield. He hardly touched the ball against Fla if memory serves me correctly.

On defense, we have to get pressure on McElroy. He has not done well these last few games b/c of pressure. I'm not sure our 4 man rush can do the job, so I hope Chavez brings some blitz packages. I dont want him to get his confidence up and if given time,he can make some great throws, especially deep. Our secondary should be able to contain their receivers for the most part. Get Peterson on Julio Jones. I think he can handle him.

And obviously Mark Ingram has to be contained. I think he will make some big plays tomorrow. I just hope not too many. And Trent Richardson is probably every bit as good as Ingram. So LSU defense will have there hands full. Hopefully they can contain the run, make AL pass, and get pressure on McElroy. But its going to be a tall order.

And both teams have great weapons on special teams. Javier Arenas is one of the best punt returners Ive seen.

Its going to be fun to watch. Im going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. GEAUXXXXX Tigers!

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Now, that's some funny chit right there. :lol::lol: I mean, I laughed out loud. One of the best things I have read on here in a while.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Only problem with all of that is that Robert Smith is a big 10 idiot when it comes to football predictions. he thinks he's mr. knowitall.

5. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Well for once you should like how he is thinking.:hihi:

6. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Welcome to the Tiger Forum Starman T.:)

7. Bobbielee

Bobbielee Fair Weather Fan

Our language changes because of poplar expression (Careeves that means majority of people like to say it that way).

So in the future I foresee the name changing to "Brian Dennehy Gump Stadium" :popcorn: What a country!

8. Bobbielee

Oh I forgot UT stopped Alabama with Monte Kiffins Scheme to stop the run.

Chavis will do the same. Bama gets the passing game going or its round the bowel and down the Hole......... go tide got.

bobbielee

9. Bobbielee

Oh I forgot UT stopped Alabama with Monte Kiffins Scheme to stop the run.

Chavis will do the same. Bama gets the passing game going or its round the bowel and down the Hole......... go tide got.

bobbielee

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bama has the #5 scoring defense in the country at 11 points and LSU is #7 with 12. Sorry if I don't think Bama is head and shoulders a better defense than LSU.

You didn't see it with Tennessee either, did you.

Actually, we have won five straight in Tuscaloosa including the last one where LSU beat Mr. Saban.

Indeed, Auburn has actually won an SEC title in the 21st century.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.