LSU vs Alabama: Who will win?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TF Staff, Nov 4, 2009.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2009.
  1. Alabama

26 vote(s)
    21.0%
  2. LSU

98 vote(s)
    79.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halekala

Halekala Founding Member

In fact, Lou Holtz picked LSU too last night (Friday) during half-time. Mark May picked 'Bama. I wished Mark May picked LSU though!

Oh well, I like the underdog tag because it means less pressure. Let's hope it is a enjoyable game unlike the game against increasingly annoying Urban Meyer and Tebow.

2. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

It comes down to mental toughness and I think LSU wins that battle hands down. Roll JJ and LSU has playmakers to take the game. The only way bama has a chance is if Arenas becomes a factor.

3. Halekala

Halekala Founding Member

For LSU to thrive, Tigers need the Les of old

Miles’ team has a real chance to top the No. 3 Tide, but he needs to be bold

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33703179/ns/sports-college_football/

I agree mostly with what the author of this article is saying. I am not sure why Les is so gun shy this year. Could it be the new offensive coord?

4. StarmanT

StarmanT Veteran Member

[/QUOTE]I agree mostly with what the author of this article is saying. I am not sure why Les is so gun shy this year. Could it be the new offensive coord?[/QUOTE]

I think he doesnt have the QB that he had in Matt Flynn - Mr. Steady Eddie, and an incredibly accurate passer.

5. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I think the key to the game will come down to Bama's ability to run against the LSU D. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson will be the key. If they have great days, Bama will win. If they have a good day, its a tossup provided LSU O has a good day. If we control the Bama ground game, I don't think they can beat us through the air, LSU wins the game.

We need a good defensive performance against the run.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

our d vs. their o line.....this is where the game will be won. we will struggle to move the ball on the ground. will they?

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I agree, but I'll narrow it down even further. Will they struggle to move the ball on the ground in the red zone?

8. Airforce007

Airforce007 Freshman

Dude you need to put away what your smoking and clear your thoughts. If you check stats Alabama is anything but not having a productive offense. They are averaging 39.3 points per game. It would be way more but on lesser teams starting in 2 quarter Sabin replaces starters. He never runs up numbers on teams. I have always liked LSU but being from Alabama I choose the Tide, then Auburn, then LSU.

LSU has a great team this year and they are very closely matched to Alabama, however they follow the Tide in every stat except total points scored. LSU is 39.4 and Alabama is 39.3. All odds I have seen is 4 -7 points in favor of Alabama. Pretty much its the points allowed by defense that this spread is coming from. LSU is 11.5, and ALABAMA is 6.9 the defference being 4.6 points. LSU has a few good rb's one being Ware, that Alabama will have to contend with, this being said nobody has ran on Alabama with any success yet. If LSU can run on Alabama it will open up there Offensive percentages on passing. But Nobody has passed on Alabama with real success either.

Playing at Alabama gives Bama a huge advantage. Alabama rarely loses at home. Only one game and it was an Auburn team with Cam Nueton that did this. They shouldn't have won but they did...so can LSU beat Bama at home and following in every stat except one behind Alabama playing away? Hum maybe, but it ain't gonna happen! I give Alabama a 10 point winning spread produced mainly in the second half.

ALABAMA 27 - LSU 10

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Statistically Bama has better numbers, but it's not like LSU's numbers are terribly low. Alabama had better stats last year, too. And they still lost.

It's a mistake to judge this LSU team on stats alone.

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Man .. what happened .. did Rip Van Winkle just wake up or something. :wave:

This thread is from 2009!

And what's even funnier, is this guy responded to it :rofl::rofl:

Hey Airforce ... you need to fly back through the Burmuda Triangle dude .... this is 2011!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.