LSU vs ALABAMA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rickyd, Nov 1, 2004.

1. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

We played Bear Bryant once in Tuscaloosa and lost 28-7 in 1980. The other games in which we played Bear Bryant away from Tiger Stadium were played in Birmingham and one in Mobile. In games in which we faced Bear Bryant away from Tiger Stadium we were only 3-8...hardly worth bragging about.

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Im just trying to tell everyone that this game will not be a cake walk... we got a lot of gimme pts from Vandy... Bama will be tougher, and in 2002 when our team was about the same as this one, they snubbed us at DV 31-0..

3. I meant in the last 10 'or so' years

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Our defense in 2002 was not near the defense of this year and Bama's 2002 was much better as they finished 10-3. This will be a difficult game as will Ole Miss and Arkansas, but our defense will keep us in each game no matter how much the O struggles.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

yea, bama was much better in 2002 and our D was not as good as it is now, our offense is also more consistent than 2002, but i'd expect a low-scoring game with a lot of defense, i think LSU wins because we can run and somewhat pass the ball, but should be decided by 1 or 2 TD's,
    LSU 21
    Bama 13

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

bama is very one-dimensional and LSU should handle them by a couple of scores if they play decent ball.

Matt Jones and Arkansas are always a handful it seems.

Ole Myth is improving a lot as the season goes on but I don't think we lose to them.