LSU vs Arizona

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_Fan_In_OK, Aug 1, 2006.

1. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

I havent heard or seen much news on here about this game. This is our 2cd game of the season and should be our first big test . Its also gonna be a great game to get ready for auburn. What are your predictions on this game? I am hoping it to be like the 03 season but i know arizona should be a lot better this year. I hope we start the early firing campaign for Mikey Stoops

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Who knows? Let's see if the offense is on the same page against ULL and if the defense can put the brakes on the pickled peppers newly inspired offense. If we can it bodes for a fun game against the Wildcats from out west (and I like our chances).

3. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

I like our chances of beating them but i will hold off on any predictions until we play ULL and see what the team looks like.

4. JerryOdom

JerryOdom Founding Member

Hopefully its not as close as the last 2 games against PAC-10 teams.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

After talking to a few cajun fans, our first test will be against USL.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

In a way they are right - we were our own worst enemy last season with penalties, turnovers, and a mostly inefficient offense. If we can stop shooting ourselves in the foot and play with some consistency, I think we will look much better than we did against Vandy and Appalachian St. Otherwise, our margin of victory may be very unsatisfying.

8. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Live here in Tucson, (From Lake Charles) have many season tickets and support the team. Stoops is a great guy and a true "ball coach" (Played golf with him last year and he is a "firey competitor"). No need to worry about "firemike stoops.com" because Livengood already extended his contract (good move). The defense will be much impproved, not deep at line, decent linebackers and an excellent secondary. We will wear them down unless we have a meltdown like OSU. If we make alot of mistakes we could lose (I guess that's true against almost anyone) They will not quit like they did under Mackovic.
    Offensively, they have a terrific young QB that can make horrible mistakes, but can also make some amazing things happen. Decent receivers, small and quick, and a potentially good running back.
    I will be there with lots of Tiger family and friends from back home and alot of my new Wildcat buddies from AZ.
    I just cant wait to be back in Tiger Stadium. Should be fun.

As the game gets closer I will post what's going on around here, the opener vs BYU here should show us something, I will be at the game. I believe AZ will get 7 or 8 wins this season and a win over them will look more impressive as the year goes on.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

hey az, what is your RB situation like?

i looked in spring and didnt see anybody besides practice squaders and like 2star recruits. they will have tough shoes to fill, mike bell is ripping it up in broncos camp

10. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

az when are you flying in and do you have any extra tickets?? :geauxtige
    we are leaving on Thursday am coming back on Sunday....need 4

was there in 03 looks like az offense wont be much to worry about the D should be good