LSU VS AU BCS title game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerrunner8, Nov 26, 2010.

1. tigerrunner8

tigerrunner8 Veteran Member

I don't know if its even possible that 2 teams from the same conference could play for the NC title, but that sure would be fun.I think Oregon will drop 1 of their next 2 ,Arizona is fired up and that civil war is always a hard tough fight. Boise could lose to nevada tonight and we should jump TCU.
    In all honesty Cam Newton is the best SEC QB I have ever seen he is the total package. It sucks that he has all this stuff swirling around him. Oh yea Provided we beat Arky.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The rest of the nation is too prejudiced against the SEC to vote for that. And voters are very suspicious of any team that didn't win it's conference championship.

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

i said this, too, the week of the Bama game when izzy was not on board yet with us even having a chance. then, presto, we beat bama, and all of a sudden there are a million threads speculating about an astronomical number of scenarios on how we get there. us jumping TCU is very viable, Oregon losing one of the last two is also viable. the big question is will BS-U lose? if AUB beats USCe, Oregon loses, and BS-U loses, it is conceivable we jump TCU for a rematch with AUB. however, i would not be surprised if the human element is enough to tab TCU against AUB in that scenario. of course, AUB would absolutely crush TCU, kind of like TCU did Utah.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Stranger things have happened. At one time the #5 BCS team won their conference title, had two teams in front of them lose then jump another who didn't win their conference championship. If an unlikely scenario unfolds...like 3 of the 4 top teams lose and we win against Arkansas...well I'm just sayin...

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

This. And I'd also add that rematches are stupid. If Auburn wins again, nothing is proved. If LSU wins, nothing is proved.

If LSU weren't involved, ask yourself if you'd really be in favor of a team getting a second shot to beat a team it already lost to, over another team that went undefeated?

1 person likes this.
  6. tigerrunner8

tigerrunner8 Veteran Member

True but thats the system we have

Point taken but this is the system that we have. If the scenario I described above happens ,BSU and Oregon loses, not many people would want to watch a TCU v AU BCS title game. AU does not have a huge national fan base and we all know TCU does not have a big national following. So that leaves us with LSU, Wisky and Stanford. So yea we'll be the most deserving one loss team. Plus our offense is a totally different animal since that AU loss.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If we ended up playing them again after goring through a playoff, then yes, yes I would be in favor....

Other than that, no....

8. msully

msully Founding Member

I would like to see it

That would mean my worrying about Arkansas was just worry. I think Arkansas is going to be more than we expect. I would like to see Steve win this one . That would mean the SEC is getting better . Auburn has made the SEC a joke now with Newton . The price tag has had a boost , it will cost more to be a winner now.

9. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

I'd say something profound, if I had anything to add to that excellent post. (Leaving now.)

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I have to agree, QB makes a good point about college football rematches. As an LSU fan, I would love to see it, but fans nationally, probably not so much.