LSU vs. California Softball Thread (Game 2)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, May 30, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well it's still 4-1. Not out of the question to come back.

So no you don't bring in the freshman.

2. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Sabanfan be careful who you call a loser. You know nothing about

me and I promise you, you can't tie my shoes. As for the second guessing, I can have an opinion. I did not take a personal shot at the coach, nor question her ability, nor her credentials. I just stated my opinion. Is that good enough for you Mr. Yesman.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It's also not like Schmidt has been pitching bad, two of the 2 out hits in the 5th were infield singles.

4. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

I watched Big Daddy with Adam Sandler.... SabanFan,.... LOOP, SWOOP, and PULL..... I bet I can tie your shoes every time with that method. :hihi:

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

We are down to three outs. 4-1 going to the top of the 7th

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bull crap. It is ridiculous to 2nd guess from the comfort of your easy chair with no intimate knowlege of the pitcher, the next batter coming up or anything else for that matter. That's where we differ, I guess. Yvette Girouard is eminently qualified to make those snap decisions in the heat of the game. Unless you are typing your opinion from a seat in the dugout after having been with this team all year, your "opinion" means absolutely squat. And, you don't know me either. For all you know, I'd tie your shoes together and laugh my a$$ off as you fell on your damned face.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Win or lose it was a great season and a pretty good WCWS. That 5th inning was just one of those times when nothing goes your way, it happens sometimes. Three games in one day is more that you can expect any team to win against this level of competition. Let's hope the rabbits foot brings us a win. Schmidt at 345 pitches today...unbelievable!!!!!!

8. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Sabanfan, enough talk. Here is the challenge.

I will take you on in any baseball challenge you want. I guess we will find out who knows what. Pitch, catch, throw, hit. Name it. Time and place.

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

100% agree. Winning 3 games in the same day is just short of a miracle. Lady Tigers can hold their heads high win lose or draw.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I still say he brought up a legitimate issue. The tight strike zone hindered Schmidt's chances tonite. And the fact that she had to be tiring a little bit.

But to walk the bases loaded and Schmidt knew more than anyone she was facing a tight strike zone, was possibly putting undue pressure on her.

That being said, I may have walked the batter myself, or at least pitched around her which could have produced the same result, a walk.

So even though I may not totally agree with him on this, I definitely do not agree with your assessment of this poster.