LSU vs CMU tailgate Sept. 18

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mgelmi, Aug 4, 2021.

1. mgelmi

mgelmi Great Tailgate Seeker

Hey LSU fans… I was on before and have had a conversation thread earlier with some. I have 12 buddies from CMU (some live in Michigan and others from all over the U.S.) coming to experience the best tailgate at LSU. We are really pumped and always looking to have a really fun time! We had a motorhome we were renting and it was going to be set up at touchdown village. We also have a couple rooms at the Sonesta as well. Unfortunately the RV we were renting was damaged by a tree in a storm a month or so ago in Baton Rouge…. Looking to see if anyone would have any info./leads on renting an RV for the weekend. Also looking for any other tips on what to experience at LSU for a tailgate. Thanks for your info., advice, help, etc.

Can’t wait for that weekend!

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I haven’t kept up, are the great people that run Louisiana and LSU gonna let people pack the stadium this year?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Doubtful, I think jbe and winston are related somehow

furduknfish likes this.
  4. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

You mean John Bel PELOSI?

shane0911 likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I guess the jury is still out on any restrictions, but Louisiana is definitely losing their minds again with COVID and reinstating restrictions. I hope it doesn't affect tailgating...but I wouldn't be confident about that.

Just a suggestion for you, though. If you wear your CMU gear, you will have a lot more fun walking around various tailgate parties on campus, rather than being attached to an RV of your own. The Tiger fans will probably be happy to offer you food and drinks and hospitality.

That is...if fun is allowed at that time.

LSU_4_LIFE, GiantDuckFan and Richdog like this.
  6. mgelmi

mgelmi Great Tailgate Seeker

Thanks so much for the advice. I know things are a little dicey now but thinking as positive as we can. I appreciate your thoughts…if we just purchase parking for a car to tailgate… where would be a good lot or tailgate suggestion? We are staying at the sonesta near walk ons bar.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I haven't lived in Louisiana since 1997, but when I go back for games, I go to campus early on Gameday and park near the LSU lakes (free) across the street from the Parker Ag Coliseum. It's a longish walk to the stadium, but you would get to see all of the campus and pass many tailgates.

From there, you could head to Highland Road, take a right and walk past the parade grounds. The Union is there, along with Memorial Tower. The quad is behind the tower, and you can walk straight through it. From the other side, you would be getting near the stadium.

If things are normal-ish, there will be people tailgating everywhere.

mgelmi and Richdog like this.
  8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Walk from hotel. It's a good walk, but I wouldn't want to fight traffic. it's brutal. well, maybe not for that game, but the last time Tebow came here...brutal. 45 minutes for me to go 2 blocks. 3 shit heads wanted to turn left. morons.
    like stacey said...wear cmu shirts and you'll drink and eat for free. visit mike the tiger's cage...near the Pete Maravich assembly center (PMAC). watch the team walk down the hill, right in front of the PMAC. And most important, wear light clothing. it's going to be humid. things don't cool off here until November.

mgelmi and shane0911 like this.
  9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Well. did ya'll make it to the game? if so, how was the experience?