LSU vs Florida Series (the fight for a national seeding)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Feb 2, 2016.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

yep

tirk likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I think this came about when the SEC added teams to the tourney.

Haw dare this young and now experienced, seasoned and fired up LSU team would make this kind of noise in the tourney? I do think this is an almost complete departure from the team we were looking at mid-season. Losing almost every mid-week with horrible pitching top to bottom and inconsistent at-bats. Not a very good road record to boot. Here we look like world beaters which exceeded my expectations. I was wondering how we would show up for this one. Looking unprepared as we did in Eauxmaha last year had me guessing if this would be a trend. Seems that is just a thing of the past. CPM got it done this season and I still believe that if this team stops in the supers, we exceeded expectations. I wanted Dunn fired mid-season and now the pen is performing beyond what looked like lost ability. No way we are here today without the pen stepping up and the middle of the order being adjusted in the right direction. But I believe we gotta win tomorrow regardless to stay in the discussion for a national seed.

Andy Cannizaro ever leaves LSU for any reason other than illness or death, I am jumping. He really should be CPM's replacement in waiting. Hell, I'd let him replace Miles.

So wuzup with Valek? Dude's been a ghost for weeks, like since the domers. Doghouse?? Sure could use what was there the last time we seen him, like tomorrow.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hell, I'd even let you replace Miles,

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The bullpen has definitely been the unsung heroes of this run. Supposedly the book is out on valek in conference hence the benching. May be starting gottfried.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I can't believe that UF/MSU winner doesn't have to beat us twice.

What's the point of winning the game the first time around?

fanatic likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So that we got a day of rest while Florida used up another starter and some bullpen arms

furduknfish and islstl like this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

was hoping MSU won, that would have certainly kept us ahead of UF in the pecking order of SEC teams getting bids

should UF beat LSU tomorrow, the national seed is over

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Correct, otherwise we will be long forgotten.

islstl likes this.
  9. CajunlostinCali

Old piss is just destroying the conference. We lose today, we travel, win today and lose tomorrow, Old piss jumps us in the discussion if there is no heart to allow more than 4 SEC teams a bid. Kind of the SEC beating itself up, again.

10. CajunlostinCali

Gilbert starting today. Pray our pen got some googy in their moogy. I think we get a break with the gators offence being down. They run ruled the bells, but I think we ripped their hearts out anyways. So all things considered, today is our best chance to throw the entire pen at them to make the Sunday appearance. Gonna be a fight and well earned if we succeed.