LSU vs Gamecocks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by swoop, Mar 31, 2006.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You're living in the past ya know.

2. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

With the current coaching staff I agree. If we went out and got a GOOD coach, I could see us making a huge turnaround very quickly similair to what UT did with Pearl in b-ball even though I can't stand UT.

3. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Where have I heard that before? :hihi: :rofl:

4. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

It wasn't from me on Brady. Brady for the most part, I've felt has done a solid job(not great, but not bad) while Smoke has yet to do anything for the baseball team except teach them how to bbq. Time to Smoke him out.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, the past...when we had a decent coach.

I don't think that finishing .500 in the SEC is asking a whole lot, but that's just me.

6. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

Skip's going to have to do something fast before LSU becomes just another mediocure team.:nope:

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I was not responding to you cornholio. :D

Wasting your breath though, I don't care who coaches the baseball team. I barely am able to stay interested in college baseball enough to read the threads on here.

The person I responded to is living in the past though. From my perspective, the days of reloading every year are long gone at LSU.

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I really did expect this team to do more than what they are showing at the moment, even though they are young. They started the year off on fire. They played perfectly in sync and with the exception of a few mistakes characteristic of a young team played really well together. Do realize that we just played two top 5 teams. LSU could never really keep USC in check even when we were in the top 5 ourselves. I'll agree that pitching is killing us... I thought that would be our strength. Smoke is a GOOD COACH, when he wants to be. The problem is he's too lackadaisical 95% of the time...

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Can you be both at once? I know what you're saying, though. He has a ton of baseball knowledge. He just doesn't seem to be as effective at getting the most from his players/motivating the players as is needed to be dominant in the SEC. That's why I've always said he'd be (was) a great assistant coach at this level (meaning in the SEC). Problem is, he was Skip's hire to replace himself. So I think we'll have to contend with a lot of stubbornness if we want to get rid of him.

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Elsewhere, Bama over MSU 5-1 top 6... :)