LSU vs Gamecocks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by swoop, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Right after the Beatles broke up, George Harrison released a three LP album set, and the title of the work was . . .

All Things Must Pass.

LSU baseball had a great run in the 1990s. You have to know that nobody will ever be able to do that again . . . ever.

Many LSU fans seem to think that LSU baseball will always be on top, but I'm not one of them . . . I don't expect LSU baseball to always be on top.

2. Adam4848

Adam4848 Founding Member

18-4 Cocks

If we want a winning record we need our pitchers to step up....
    no body can f*ucking argue about that!!!

3. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Outscored 30-6 in last 2 games :dis:

When was the last time that happened? :confused:

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

cocks might score 30 tomorrow.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

It would only count for one loss if they do.

Look, just enjoy the season . . . you know that this is a re-building year, and, you know that we aren't going to be SEC or National Champs this year.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

really? i didn't know that!

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Lavel will come under a lot of fire before the year is out.

8. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Except for smoke L. why couldnt LSU be among the top 3 every year? tigers have the best fans, plenty money, a awesome history(easy to recruit off of) well, why shouldnt tigers be the best?

9. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

I will NOT enjoy the season until one of the following happens.
    a) Smoke is fired and we actually get a baseball coach that looks like he gets off his ass and brings energy to the clubhouse
    b) Smoke resigns for the good of the team
    c) The team starts to win in spite of the coach.

As much as LSU tickets have cost, the mediocore product on the field deserves constant criticism until a change has been made. While basketball fans may have griped over the years about Brady, he at least showed signs at times that he can actually coach. Smoke under his leadership has showed LSU how to bbq, how to develop a nasty habit of starting every sec series in the hole(about 7 wins on Friday night over the last 3 years), and finally how to have a losing record in the SEC play. While some will say that the Tigers have plenty of time to turn it around here are the facts. LSU is 2-6 right now in conference play. If LSU is swept tomorrow(I haven't seen any signs that this won't happen) LSU will be 2-7 in conference play with 7 series left. LSU would have to win every remaining series(which is possible) or else have to hope for at least one or two sweeps to cancel out some losses that we will absorb. As I stated earlier, LSU has developed this annoying habit of losing the first game of SEC series the last 3 years so that by itself will make it difficult for the Tigers to get a sweep. Also, LSU still has to face several more good baseball teams. So far this season, LSU hasn't done squat against a team that is "good" as LSU has built their record on playing cupcakes. While I hope LSU does turn it around this year, I'm beginning to think that this might be the year where the baseball wheels come off and some changes might actually get made in regards to improving the team whether it comes from getting a new coach to skip going out to the practices and games and somehow making the team overachieve to the point of respectability instead of getting blown out for the 3rd time already this season at home.

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Thats just freaking embarassing. This great program has been outscored 30-6 in two home games. Smoke's been lucky that bball has done so well and the attention has been away from him. Now all the attention shifts to baseball. Thats just flat out pathetic. I'd just love to know how any SEC team gives up 18 runs.