LSU vs Gamecocks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by swoop, Mar 31, 2006.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

It's one thing in a "rebuilding" year to lose close games with a respectable score and being competitive, but to be blown out by this wide of a margin is completely unacceptable. Were getting blown out like we don't have any business playing in the SEC.

Anybody hoping for a head coaching change can forget it. What will happen this year is the heat will cause assistant coaches heads to roll a la Larry Coker after we beat them in the Peach Bowl. This will buy Smoke another year at least.

Everyone knew it would be a long season but I had no idea this was going to happen. Still a lot of baseball but where do you start to fix this team?

2. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but did that kinda happen last year. Agree with everyone that this is embarrassing. Also, I am with some on here that we should not demand championships every year either, but getting outscored 30-6 is not exactly meeting my expectations.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

My opinion of Laval is much different from my opinion of Brady (or any other LSU coach for that matter). He has had the reigns of an excellent program handed to him. From that time it seems as things have taken a steady decline. I GAVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT LAST SEASON BUT LISTenING TO HIS preseason expectations then seeing this team look like this...well one has wonder if this coach is right for the job. We, as fans, deserve more.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I kinda agree with you there.

In men's basketball, for better or worse, Brady took over a team that was in trouble with the NCAA and put on sanctions (though it's been argued as to whether Brady IS the right coach for the job or his ability to coach, etc. is always under the microscope, really means little to my point), but the fact remains that Brady did take over a team with lots of problems...

But like you said, Smoke didn't join LSU because a coaching change was made with attempts to regain our glory--but rather MAINTAIN it...and you're right, he's done little or nothing since taking over. For better or worse, we're now entering an era in which just about all of these players are HIS recruits. So now, he should be judged alone and he won't have the ability to claim that he was using Skip's players, etc. It's all "him" now...

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is just proof that small ball does not win games. Its great when you need one run, but if you play for one run that's all you get. We need a more agressive coach who will demand more discipline from his players.

6. swoop

swoop Founding Member

No, you just need good pitching to play small ball.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Agreed. Small ball does win games as long as you have the pitching to back it up. Scores as lopsided as the SC series are indicative of a problem with the defense. :(

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It didn't today. :yelwink2:

9. OkieTigerTK

I would focus on the rest of the statement of "as long as you have the pitching to back it up."

I was out this afternoon and didn't get to listen to the game, but the Friday and Saturday games had too many walks given up.

10. OkieTigerTK

Maybe I should edit to say good small ball. Which means timely and consistant hitting, good base running, and bringing in runners instead of stranding them.