LSU vs Greenie Weenies Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Does LSU know how to bunt?

2. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Well we are being outplayed quite simply. Good lord, we stranded 13 people on base, which has been a consistent theme this season so far. The offensive juggernaut that was so proudly espoused before the start of the season is only a half-truth. The next two weekends are the threshhold that will determine if LSU is indeed overrated or underachieving. Right now, even though we got beat by the #1 team, I'd say were a 10-20 team. Lets see what happens over the next two weeks.

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Their pitcher has yet to start on the weekend, but he may very well be a weekend starter before too long. He is recovering from arm surgery.

I wouldn't call Meier a mid-week pitcher. He has started on the weekends the last 2 years, although he has yet to pitch the weekends this season.

4. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Just out of curiosity does anybody know Smoke's record against Tulane? If I had to guess, I would guess somewhere around .500.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Tulane played a good ball game. They won the game. They got the big hits and the big outs. They also got some great play in the field. Tulane has a pretty good team. You cant really say which team is better from just one game. But, I think that Determan was left in the game too long. LSU couldnt get any big hits or timely outs. It's just one game. The world will not end. You can lose 15-18 games in baseball. All that matters is what you do in the SEC. I know its tough for some, but give Tulane credit. They did win the game.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

6-5 overall, but 2-0 in regional games...

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

2-0 is the one that counts!

8. USChater

USChater Founding Member

Learn to deal with my opinoin. Go watch the damn dolphins

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Ok, I'm ready to get bashed, and I don't care. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Tulane is THE BEST DAMN TEAM IN THE STATE. I hate that; I HATE TULANE. If we go 2-54 this season and our two wins came against that "Ivy League of the South" school known as Tulane, I'd find solace knowing that at least we beat THEM. NO ONE makes plays like Tulame CONSISTENTLY does against us. Remember that guy named Johnny Kaplan? I think they have some reincarnated, carbon-copies of that dude on their team this season. That catch in center was THE turning point of the game, and that third baseman was having a field day stopping some lasers. Hell, the best part of this game was when that spastic-ass-SS named Manzella busted his ass. Seriously though, it just gets me totally upset knowing that Tulane is so good. I don't even hate USL as much as I do Tulame, and that's saying a lot. I could continue ranting on and on and on about how PERFECT Tulame always plays against us, but who cares? We played a decent game, and if Tulame very well IS the best team in the nation, I feel good about our chances this season, because I SURE AS HELL know we're not the 5th best in the country. Go ahead with your "fairweather fan" or "greenie fan" "insults," I don't care. Still too early to get worried, although I DO wish we could perform as consistently as those other teams that are ranked--kinda makes you wonder eh? Being ranked #1, #5, or #50 means squat unless you prove that you deserve the ranking.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ahhh if stavinoha's shot gets through then we have a different outcome more than likely.

oh well, we hit the ball just right at 'em too often. meier will be ok with some work.

yeah freaking southard in center is a killer just like kaplan. he did it last year as well. they always make spectacular plays against us. never fails.