LSU vs Greenie Weenies Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 8, 2005.

1. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

At the time of the loss last night I was pretty upset, not only because we lost, but we lost to Tulane. So I went in my room and started looking at the posters from our National Championship teams. In 3 of the 5 years we won NCs in baseball, the team lost 17 games during the season. So far this team has lost 4, with 4 games to go until SEC play starts.

Say LSU sweeps this weekend, which is realistic, wins their mid-week game. They go into SEC play with 4 losses. Just say LSU wins atleast 2 out of 3 in every SEC series, which they almost did last year minus the ARK series. That's 10 SEC losses for the regular season, giving LSU 14 losses going into the SEC Tourney.

I know, it's frustrating watching LSU get beat by teams that we know we're as good as if not better than, but I don't think it's time to hit the panic button quite yet. Hopefully this will get these guys minds right and they'll go on a tear into SEC play.

2. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

It came in during the mid- or late 1980's, when football was scaled back to then 95 and hoops 13. Something to do with Title IX becuase NCAA deemed equivalent women sports were not cut back.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Silly Post, because all of you moaned and groaned because of the loss of Gorilla Ball at first...You all couldn't stand the leadoff single, the sacrifice, followed by the 300 hopper to left field manufactured run, production based baseball....

You people amaze me...He can't win with small ball and the fans because you all want Gorilla Ball....and now you all want him bunting and moving the man over and going back to fundamentals...

Let the Circle Be Unbroken, Lord, By & By, Lord, By & By...

Also...For those that claim the non-conference or "head to head" is important in the awarding of Super Regionals, it's simply not...If LSU goes through the SEC, and wins the SEC Western Division. If they win the SEC Overall Regular Season Title. If they go and get to at least the Semi's of the SEC Baseball Tournament...

Tulane can go gangbusters in CUSA and win the CUSA Tournament, & LSU will get the #1 seed. Period, point blank. PERIOD, Point blank.

This same time a few years back we were getting swept by Kansas early on...What happened that year? Omaha...Calm your nerves, all you nervous Nancies...and don't talk about "in state" schools being important to win against...We have lost to Tulane at home and on the road during the non-con slates...and it's not like some calamitous event...

Get this through your head, all your Fancis' out there...

THE NON CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IS MEANINGLESS FOR A SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE SCHOOl, & ESPECIALLY FOR LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY.

Say this to yourself...Then repeat it out loud...Then repeat it to yourself again...Then close your eyes...Click your heels...and say, "There's no place like Alex Box..."

You'll feel much better...

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:eek: :eek: I agree with everything TE said in this post. :eek: :eek: