LSU vs Houston, part 2

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jun 1, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The other problem is you come in, what, with your 4th best reliever? ....Maybe.

I can understand if you come in with your setup man and closer to finish off the last 3 innings. I could have accepted that. But McCune is not at the top of the pecking order of relief pitchers for LSU. Especially not when it's 1-0 (at the time he came into the game).

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

The good news is they don't have shit for pitching left after having multiple extra innings games and going through a ton of pitchers. So like mctiger said, they are worse off than we are. A few of our bats stay alive and we can go on to play whichever of the Texas teams wants to get an ass beating in Louisiana ... will feel just like football season :)

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That was a big mistake, Bouman was cruising.

Available arms....Hunter Devall, Parker Bugg, Alden Cartwright, plus McCune and Fury didn't throw much tonight. My guess is McCune or Cartwright starts.

4. islstl

Yep, let's start McCune. :eek: (yes, Vampmuse, that's how you use sarcasm....biting sarcasm in fact).

VampMuse likes this.
  5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I just don't get CPM tonight. If we're willing to tag Broussard in a tie game, why not bring him in instead of Fury in the 8th ... it just doesn't fucking add up. Bouman shouldn't have been pulled, McCune shouldn't have been put in or let stay in once he's in and no way should Fury have been in before Broussard in the 8th ... and on top of that you let your players all go off half cocked trying to be heroes rather than working together to win like you have for the last month.

It just boggles me ... I think he was already thinking ahead to the Super Regional.

6. islstl

Something tells me he just wanted to get them some work. If that's the case, then Manieri is truly a stupid fuck of a manager.

And I agree with you, once the game was tied, he was ok with burning out his star reliever Broussard. As if he was "all in" with winning that game all of a sudden. But you don't do that in the 7th and 8th innings? You're pussy-footing around giving Houston hope against all hope?

VampMuse likes this.
  7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Wait let's see if I can get this sarcasm thing.

Les Miles has lost control of CPM and the baseball team! :confused:

8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Apparently Cartwright is getting the start tomorrow

9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

This. Wtf did I watch? Shoulda known. Tomorrow back to radio.

VampMuse likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

CPM has a very good tournament record. Hard to figure the Cune would give up 4 in an inning, but also hard to imagine we would get a in park homer.......