LSU vs McNeese St game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Agree as long as there is no structural issue caused by removing them.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't think so, they were added after the original design by Huey long so that they could call it a dormitory instead of a football stadium for funding reasons.

If we get into structural issues, we must face the fact that the oldest parts of the lower bowl are approaching 100 years old and concrete has a definite lifespan. Ramps are narrow and dark, concessions and restrooms are inadequate as well. The entire lower bowl is going to have to be replaced soon, like Texas A&M had to do. It probably should have been done before they added the South upper deck. There is little access available for a major demolition and construction job now.

3. AndrewAce24

AndrewAce24 Founding Member

Ultimately I think it was the right decision, as much as I hate to admit it. I just have a problem with the lack of communication within the stadium.

TwistedTiger and tirk like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I always loved looking at them. Remember when I was kid my Grandpa taking me to the game and explaining them to me. Memories.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe they should have done that first before spending all that money on stadium expansion and luxury boxes

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Did we ever get any info more than just speculation on why a handful of DL didn't dress for the game?

7. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Alleva said they had no hotel to stay in, and busing back home then returning to LSU on Sunday would not have worked. Also, coaches, team doctors and trainers determined last night that both teams would need a full 30 minute warmup prior to restarting the game, assuming of course, the lightning had stopped completely, which it didn't. Since the cut off time was midnight, the decision was made there would not be ample time to warm up and play the game because of the continuous lightning strikes.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like on extremely short notice. You still need security, medical support, referees and a ton of other small but necessary things that would make it a logistical nightmare to pull off in such a short time. And before they took step one they would need approval from both universities and both conferences.

Richdog likes this.
  9. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

I'm curious why cell service is so bad. What are they afraid of, that fans would stare at their phones instead of the game? What should they care considering the people are in the seats, and the bills has been paid. If people want to show up and read the paper during the game they should be able to. Having the ability to find out what the hell is going on either in TIger stadium or out of it on a cell phone should be available to fans, especially for the price people pay to be there nowadays! It would be easy to put up a cell tower in the stadium.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Traffic