LSU vs Memphis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Nov 21, 2010.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It was hard for me to see since I was watching a credit card sized screen on the webs but it looked like they were calling ticky tack fouls...but they were consistent all game. If you start off with touch fouls you have to do it the whole game.

2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

White and Warren playing a combined 31 minutes really hurt the tigers.
    If the refs are calling a tight game like that they must learn to adjust their play accordingly.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The hand check is going to be a major point of emphasis this year. Expect a lot of really lame fouls.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Wasn't able to watch the game, but saw the highlights. Despite the loss, you like to see the "moral victory" in the sense that this was our biggest non-conference test to date, and you're seeing improvements in key areas: turnovers, rebounding and defense. Still a ways to go, but you're starting to see improvements in various players. Was happy for Green and Ludwig. Dotson continues to impress. Stringer's maturation will be key, as we're going to see quicker teams press LSU all season long.

Looking forward to the next game!

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I started referee classes myself this summer and they have told us the same thing. Stressed hand checking and rough play in the paint. Must be a concerted effort to get away for the free for all that is the NBA.