LSU vs Notre Dame

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Wow, thats a bold projection. They have all 8 teams that have been given consideration in the bracket.

3. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

You have to question the projections since they have Bama in the tournament and a #10 seed at that. If Bama loses their first round game in the SEC tourney, the won't make the big dance.

4. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

I see LSU as being anywhere from a # 8 to # 10 seed. At least we can all safely say now that LSU is definitely in. Congrats Tigers on a big win today!!!

5. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

A win over Vandy and a close loss to Florida gives the Tigers a #7. A win over Vandy and Florida gives the Tigers a #5. Wins over Vandy, Florida, and Kentucky gives us a #4. At least that's what my crystal ball says.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I want us to be put into the south bracket so we can play in Birmingham. We would have a decent crowd travel if we played there.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU could end up seeded anywhere from a #6 to a #12. I think they will be in the big dance even if they lose a frirst round game in the SEC Tournament, but if they win a game make it a 9th or 10th seed, 2 games 8 or 9, 3 games a solid #7 and if they could manage to win it as high as a 5 seed.

Kentucky and Arizona have pretty much sewed up #1 seeds, KY in the Southeast and Arizona in the West. Texas looks like a #1 seed in the Mideast unless they blow it in the Big 12 tourney. I can see Pittsburgh as #1 in the East unless they move Oklahoma or Kansas there or if Duke wins the ACC. Even Florida could be the top seed in the East if they win the SEC Tourney I have a strong feeling that now matter what LSU is seeded they will be placed in the West regional. That could be a good thing if the Tigers get on a roll and they are playing like they are. I would love to see a rematch of LSU and Arizona. Arizona is either the best or second best team called the Wildcats and also the NCAA but no matter how good they are LSU seems to match up well with them man for man and basketball is a game where a less talented team can beat a great team if the team with the lesser talent matches up well man for man with the team with the superstars. I would love to see LSU and Arizona for the West regional game to go to the final 4. Just to get to that point would mean that LSU would have to continue to click on all cylinders and take it to the next level. True - When the Tigers beat Arizona in Baton Rouge Luke (Me and my Daddy used to hang out with the Greatful Dead) Walton was injured and didn't play but I think Ronald Dupree could match up with him on defense very well. Don't laugh - It could happen. I really would love to see it. For all the Brady Bashers he does seem to be able to get the most out of what he has at the end of the season when it counts the most. Maybe we will all be singing "What a long, strange trip its been"

I just heard on ESPN before I posted this that LSUs first round opponent in the SEC tourney will be Florida.

9. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Vandy in the first round. Then Florida.

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Funny thing with Arizona this year. They have used the Walton didn't play against LSU as the excuse for losing. Funny thing though he has been injured all season and plays about every other game. Doesn't seem to have had any effect on the team otherwise.

As they say excuses are like a$$holes.

but I would love to play them again.

I see LSU as anywhere from a 8-10 seed...even if they win the tournament.