LSU vs Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 21, 2010.

1. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Living in the Toledo, OH area, and flying my LSU flag every week, and driving around town with my LSU car flag, it might be kind of fun. All I ever hear is the incessant OSU-UofM mantra. Then I watch my DVD of the LSU-OSU 2007 National Championship game victory, and I know that LSU could do it again. If the bowl schedule pits LSU against Ohio State, that's fine and dandy.

However, that being said, I'd like LSU to have a lick at a team in the top 5, where we'll be.:hihi:

2. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

I have a LSU window decal on my truck and wear my colors every day with no problem but a friend had his truck keyed after the NCG win over tOSU. he had a :lsup: decal on his truck. Yes your right beating them again would be fun.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Check again, kemosabe...

Malveto was already gone, and Chavis was the DC for that game.

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

"The Chavis File
    Year at LSU: First (appointed Jan. 5, 2009)
    Birthdate: Oct. 16, 1956 in Dillon, S.C.
    Wife: Diane Crisp Davis
    Children: John (28), Jason (26)
    High School: Dillon (S.C.) High School
    College: Tennessee, ‘79"

From his bio page on LSU Sports. He was not appointed till after the peach bowl.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

So his wife is Diane Crisp Davis Chavis?

that's catchy.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Who coached the LSU defense for that game?

I'll hang up and listen...:popcorn:

7. Tigerbnd05

The maleveto experiment. Game was December 31, 2008.

If you want to argue with the official Bio on LSUsports.net then feel free to. Burden of proof is now on you since LSU's own sport site says he wasn't hired till after the game.

Just to help you out a bit
    2008 Chik-Filet media guide for coaching staff

http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/fb/pdf/08cbowlguide030-089.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=5200

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I do not think TCU or BSU are bad teams. In fact, I think they are very good teams.

My bone to pick with them is that fact of their week to week play.

TCU and BSU would both have (AT LEAST) one loss in the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10 and Big 12.

No one on earth can tell me that TCU and BSU has the ability to keep such a High lvl of play as they do now when say, playing football in the SEC West...

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I concede. I could've sworn Chavis coached that game. It just pisses me off even more now that Peveto and Mallory could suddenly shut down a high powered offense, when they couldn't slow down John Curtis for the whole 2008 season.

10. Tigerbnd05

I agree, but here is the thing, given a month to prepare, the true triple option is one of the easiest things to prepare for. You simply practice with the scout team not having a ball and tackle all three. That's how you make sure everyone plays assignment football. The reason Nebraska was so good with it for so long is because their athletes were on the same level or better than the other teams. You now see the GT is not doing so well with it because the other teams now know how to truly practice for it and most ACC teams have better athletes then GT.

There is a reason the armed forces only really have success, in todays game, when they run option football and thats because it can be a great equalizer of physical talent if the opposition doesn't practice for it properly and is not disciplined in their assignments. On talent alone, Navy should never be on the same field as Ohio State, yet they almost beat them last year because Ohio State had trouble playing disciplined defense.