LSU vs Ole Miss game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Jan 21, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Is it just me or is Brady incapabe of making adjustments DURING the game? Sometimes after halftime, when he has a break to regroup, the team comes out of the locker room on a mission..... During the game though LSU can't never seem to make the necessary adjustments. It is baffling and frustrating to watch.

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

wow u guys act like we're supposed to win a national championship with 3 freshmen getting a lot of quality PT

3. -T-

-T- Founding Member

you're wrong in comparing brady to brown. brown got the community involved and excited in basketball. brady does nothing. plus everyone in the college basketball world new dale brown, and lsu was always a team to pay attention to nationally. brady thinks he's still at samford.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I just checked it out and Ole Miss defeated Southeastern by the same margin and almost exact score (52-48) that they defeated us. Brady please don't schedule the Lions.

5. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

This is a horrible shooting LSU team. Horrible may be an under statement. This team relies on defense to win games. At this point in the season and it is still early, LSU had displayed that they desperately miss Collis Temple III, Ronald Dupree and Torris Bright. 49 points is just bad.

LSU has beat really two quality teams all year Utah and Alabama and those teams are not even Top 30 teams.

The reason LSU is struggling is they cannot beat the zone at this point. Ole Miss is strictly a man-to-man team on defense and they played mostly zone tonight.

Lloreda is a good player but cannot shoot outside 5 feet. Shaquille is probably a better free throw shooting than Lloreda. Lloreda leave too many points at the line.

Bass is the real deal. IMO, Bass is better than Lloreda hands down. Both compliment each other well.

Hudson would not be a starter on most SEC teams. He is in a 1 1/2 year shooting slump. He is tentative, which compounds his problems.

Koundjia is a project. He has a lot of athletic ability, but is a liability on the court. He is no threat to score, which compounds the zone problem. HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO START. At best, he should be 10-15 minutes a game.

Whipple at times plays well, but is not the future for LSU at point guard. He is tentative to take an open shot. He is struggling and hesitate to penetrate and defeat the zone and forces too many passes inside this resulting in turnovers.

Minor is young but shows moxy and the things I like to see in a point guard - quickness, confidence and decisiveness.

Brady could have not said it better – Ineptness. He also said this was bad loss.

Ole Miss will finish just ahead of Arkansas in the West for the battle for last place.

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I don't expect a national championship. I expect to be able to compete and place atleast 2nd in the SEC West and get atleast one victory in the NCAA tournament. Now I'm hoping we are invited to the NIT.

7. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

please, we lose one game on the ROAD in the SEC, and now we're destined for the NIT...hellooooo...we were f*cking 1-6 last year in SEC play and we ended up in the tournament FAVORED to beat a good Purdue team.

right now we're 2-2...we'd have to lose 6 straight SEC games to be in the same position we were last year (2-6)

not gonna happen

we're in the tournament...book it or i'll eat my crow and demand brady be fired!

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You guys are all wrong and heres why

I don't mind losing a game in basketball, its going to happen..

I don't even consider the NC in basketball.

The problem is its not normal for a team to go 21 minutes in 2 games without scoring.

We went 14 minutes against State, it should've been fixed after this game

but then at least 7 minute drought against Ole Miss is unacceptable.

Its just excuses that we miss certain players, etc, thier gone and
    we've had a year to adjust.

You guys think that we could at least run a motion offense or find
    a way to score in less than 7 minutes?

I bet if I was a coach and we couldn't play I'd find a way to get a
    layup in 7 minutes or less.....

I use to play college basketball

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Somebody mention about LSU's motion offense. What motion offense. LSU hardly moves on offense. Wingmen on both side hardly move unless they try a back door every once in a while. LSU tries to beat the zone by passing, which works well when you have some motion. The wingmen never rotate or flash to spots, which make it even harder for the point guard to create shooting opportunities.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ditto,

Thats part of the problem, go watch the nba and see the plays
    they run to beat a zone.

This team doesn't have the players to play the inside outside game on offense