LSU vs Ole Miss Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 20, 2014.

1. leroy7500

leroy7500 Founding Member

what about the "secret playbook"???

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its on double secret probation

leroy7500 likes this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Keep in mind, LSU has the #1 Pass Defense in the SEC, given that statistic and the success Auburn & Miss. St had running the ball on LSU, expect coach Hugh Freeze will try to run the football. Ole Miss is only averaging 150 yards a game on the ground and Bama held them to 76. If the LSU defense can bring the physicality and awareness we saw last week we have more than a punchers chance to keep this game close.

Now, regarding the defense that Ole Miss is bringing into Baton Rouge......LSU has better chances of scoring on defense or special teams than they do on offense head up against this defense. Not saying we wont get a big play on busted coverage (that's possible any Saturday) but head up, Ole Miss will stack the box, stuff the run, and Jennings doesn't have the skill set required to beat their man coverage. LSU will have less than 5 first downs and 80 total yards of offense at half-time.

Unless the stars align down on the bayou Saturday night and LSU plays a magical game........

Ole Miss: 17
    LSU: 6

Delahoussaye is clutch and Keehn better come ready to play, he will punt several times.........Several. This could be a game that LSU struggles to cross the 50 yard line (1st half of 2011 SECC vs. UGA and 2011 BCSNC vs. Gumps)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    tirk and shane0911 like this.
  4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

This game will be ugly. I see one of two things happening.

Option #1
    It is just an old fashion defensive struggle (yea I cant believe I said that with a straight face with our D this year either), maybe the nether regions of the play book get opened up and we try passing using play action, and I think Delahoussaye come up big again at the end.

LSU 17
    ole piss 14

Option #2
    We play like we did against the war chickens and miles decides to run, run, and run some more into one of the top rushing D in the country and gets us no where. We routinely get in 3 and long situations where we try to throw and cant get anything going so then punt, punt, punt some more. Ole piss takes us behind the wood shed. If this is the case I hope we at least make it interesting for more than 1 quarter.

LSU 7
    ole piss 35

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Broadway show brother 1-2-3-kick

furduknfish and islstl like this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im throwing logic out the window. im feeling a bo wallace meltdown. the score hasnt come to me yet.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He is overdue

furduknfish likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That he is.
    [​IMG]

StaceyO likes this.
  9. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I just can't see the Tigers winning this one without a credible passing game. Ole Miss 17-14. I hate saying that.

10. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Hit Quinn and Dupree right out of the gate. When they drop double coverage on Dural hit his ass. When that spreads the backfield send the Stampede right up the middle. Rinse, repeat.
    We got this. 23-17 tigers!