LSU vs. OSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by beaver_believer, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ABeaver

ABeaver Founding Member

B Believer

We don't need to put our laundry in the Tigger's dryer, but as for being a tiger instead of a duck....granted a tigger is a fierce beast but its an out of conference beast. in a very unpleasant place.
    As for Bosie State..the Pac 10 does need to move into the 21st century and become a 12 team conference to play with the big boys and have a conference championship game..even if the game does not count for squat ie Big 12 history with Nebraska/Miami game. The problem is finding two teams that would work. Bosie State and Fresno State are possibilities but academics would never let them qualify. Hawii poses a logistic nightmare. Utah is a possiblity with good academics and a full athletic program. That leaves Utah State and BYU as alternatives. BYU poses lots of problems and the conference is reluctant to get with that program. Utah State would have to spend jillions of bucks to get up to speed.
    So my friend sorry Bosie State is not going to work, the ducks will certainly not be kicked out of the conference.....but Oregon State will whip the tiggers, the ducks will whip Oklahoma, USC will win the NC and the west will triumph with the gods.

2. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Speaking of laundry, if I was the USC fan I would be worried if I could even field a team next weekend and not be running my stupid mouth off on an LSU board. :dis:
    ABeaver, you coming to the game? Sure would be funny to watch you spend
    all that money just to have to eat your words........ :grin:

3. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

ABeaver, you coming to the game? Sure would be funny to watch you spend
    all that money just to have to eat your words........

I don't believe any of our World class chefs, have enough seasonings or spice to make that palatable.

4. strinbj

strinbj Freshman

USC coming to Baton Rouge

Hey Beaver Believer (what a dumb name),

LSU did everything they could to schedule USC to play in your spot. They wouldn't have anything to do with it. Get your stories straight before coming to Tigerland talking ****!!!!

5. strinbj

strinbj Freshman

Answer one question for me Beavers and the Pac-10 world. How can you possibly think that a fluke win by Cal is more accepting than a loss to a nationally ranked team? If USC was so dang good, Cal would have been nowhere even close. I have never heard a good answer to this question. Please think this one thru and give me a good answer.

6. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

My dog is a really big cat.

Anderson is a nice Qb, but with Steven Jackson gone and a o-line that managed 3.3 YPC last year, and with Greg Smith the offensive line guru gone, I don't see 31 points in the Beavers' future.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Actually, we are playing OSU because VTech was too afraid to make the trip to Baton Rouge and backed out...after we had already gone to Blacksburg. We wanted a real opponent, but everyone had that date filled, so we had to settle for OSU.

8. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

That's right, you don't. So kindly butt out.

9. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

OSU is good for LSU schedule. no one else will come to BR. LSu has to much talent and to much speed. OSU wont beat LSU. 92,000 inside and another 23,000 outside tailgating. 115,000 on campus. 114,900 LSU fans.

OSU keep smoking what ever you smoke and keep backing USC instead of your own team...

10. ABeaver

ABeaver Founding Member

Can you blame them for not wanting to play in the sweat bowl?. We are glad to play you, helps our exposure to play a national powerhouse like LSU. Also we have problems with our small stadium getting the big boys to come here financially and what's in it for them? I mean, if LSU beats us, no big deal in the polls they were supposed to beat us, if you lose..whammo there goes your ranking...So why play us? So we appreciate the chance to kick your butts. As for the 114.900 fans...I'm impressed, do you call on them to put on the pads and play when your getting your asses kicked or are they just the drunk noise background?