LSU vs. OSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by beaver_believer, Aug 19, 2004.

1. ABeaver

ABeaver Founding Member

Sure, will be at the game, no way I would miss the upset of the season in college football...if your confused, the upset is we win, not you.
    As for the cooking, I love cajun food and their music is cool too... even if it is the same song played over and over again. So get the gumbo and crawfish ready, am looking forward to southern comfort and a mighty fine football game.

2. Tigre Saoul

Tigre Saoul Freshman

We have enough guys in pads to get the job done.

In the unlikely event OSU comes out with a victory, you might think about putting on some pads to walk out of the stadium. I would avoid the student section crowd while exiting at all costs!

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

No, they call on the fans to bring the noise level up to 125+ decibels on critical down and distance plays ... people with sensitive ears don't go to the games because it causes them headaches from the noise.

Your players won't hear the signal count ... and the number of busted plays and penalties increases dramatically ... THE 12TH MAN ... WE ARE FANATICAL AT LSU ... THE ROWDIEST IN AMERICA ... BAR NONE

Read DA's comments to the media after the game ... LOL ... The usual praises will be heaped on the LSU Dee and the crowd

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

on gameday it is nuts. last year it was estimated for UGA 150K tailgating ect. Which makes for a great gameday atmoshpere. that stadium gets rocking pretty loud. By the way yes on the drinking..... MArdi Gras evey sat..

5. ABeaver

ABeaver Founding Member

USC

Lots of hostility to USC on this board I see. Well, let me say I have no love for USC and most beaver fans don't. In fact I love it when they get their fanny handed to them especially when its an Oregon team, either duck or beaver that does it. Only other team we love to see get kicked is the fuskies of wash. But we do have conference loyalty as we out west feel the Pac 10 is the most underrated conference in football and the SEC is the most overrated. So most of us will support USC in OOC battles. Makes our conference look good when we have the NC even if it is the University of Spoiled Children.
    As for the Cal loss last year...upsets do occur in football, that's why the game is played. Still Cal was a great team last year even if inconsistant in some games. They have a great quarterback, had a great running back, and great recievers. Also have in Tedford one of the really offensively creative coaches in the country who has really turned that program around. The USC game last year was at Cal too. This year cal is ranked about 14 or 15 in most preseason polls and some thiink may chalange USC for the conference championship. The USC loss also came when the book was not really in on Cal. so it really was no surprise when Cal whipped USC. The surprise was when Cal lost some other games they were figured to win.

6. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I got no quarrel with USC. They lost to Cal in as similar a fashion as we lost to Florida: A shocker. Personally, I don't know much about the Pac-10, and whether it's overrated or underrated is anyone's opinion. But to say the SEC is overrated is a step too far. Three of us are in the top ten. Five in the top 25 (Coaches Poll.) More or less the same with the AP (with only two in the top ten). Three of the last twelve national champions have been SEC Teams, including us from last year. Now, I'm not posting these stats for the sake of comparison with the Pac-10 or any other conference. But it certainly proves that the SEC is not the most overrated conference in NCAA.

7. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

A-beaver, I for one believe, had you guys controlled the turnover situation better against Usuck, that, that game might have had an altogether different outcome. So, no, I don't think Saban will be overlooking anybody, especially OSU.