LSU vs. Penn St. looking likely

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DwayneBowned, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

If Texas wins Saturday, the Fiesta will take Iowa over Penn State. Old Penn staters head to Florida, old Iowans head to Phoenix. it's just the way God planned it, lol.

Actually, in our little forum poll, most Hawkeyes see no benefit in playing Boise State, damned if we win, damned if we lose. Beating another SEC team would jump start us for next year in the polls.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

We'll all be happy that DrewTate won't be showing up this year if we play ya'll again !

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

lol... our qb has had as many completions as Tate had... it's just that many of them were to the other team.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

That's pretty much how every BCS team feels.

Orange, Fiesta, or Sugar is going to get two of them.

Just another reason to beat florida.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

fixed :thumb:

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

A lot of that mischief goes on at Bryant Denny Stadium, too. But its ok then, right? I won't be watching, so I won't care who wins. Maybe if both teams earned it.

Back on track.... I would love to go to the CapOne against Iowa and dish out some payback!

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I'd prefer the Cotton Bowl but I don't see any angle that gets us out of the CapOne.

8. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

We're familiar with that concept from last year. VERY FAMILIAR. I kind of like the idea of us playing Penn St though. Their tradition and HC continuity:lol:( he began his coaching career there the year after the Titanic disaster).

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

"9. Penn State 10-2
    Last Week: Didn’t Play This Week
    Next Game: Bowl Game
    Why The Ranking Should Be Higher: This is a strong, veteran team that might fly under the radar this bowl season. Could the Nittany Lions get a shot at LSU in the Capital One? They’re not just good enough to win; they’re good enough to win easily.
    Why The Ranking Should Be Lower: Yes, we promise, we’ll readjust for the loss to Iowa when the season is over. The Nittany Lions are higher than the Hawkeyes right now because Ricky Stanzi is still hurt.

16. LSU 9-3
    Last Week: W, Arkansas 33-30 OT
    Next Week: Bowl Game
    Why The Ranking Should Be Higher: It might not always be pretty, but the team (Ole Miss gaffe aside) finds ways to get the job done. The athletes are there, and the team, even this late in the season, appears to be maturing nicely. Watch out in the bowl, likely against Penn State in the Capital One.
    Why The Ranking Should Be Lower: The Tigers simply aren’t that great. The offense continues to have problems finding any consistent production, while the offensive line is having real problems. It doesn’t want to face Penn State’s defensive front. "

Scout.com: Rankings - 2009 CFN 120

while the guys at cfn dont have such kind words for LSU in a matchup against Penn St, it does make it much more interesting for me.

10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You do realize, that georgia was not happy with the officials in your game.

But in their conspiracy theories, they don't readily include LSU, they simply loathe the SEC office.

That's the SEC way.