LSU vs Rice Game 6 - 12:40 cst - Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Jun 6, 2005.

1. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Why is it that some people insist that to be a fan of the program, you
    have to be a fan of the coach?

Have you ever stopped to think that it's BECAUSE some of us are such fans of the program, that we're not happy with the direction it's going? If I weren't a fan, I wouldn't give 2 sh!ts about the program spiraling into mediocrity.

2. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Wait, I thought that after the Marist game that Geauxrilla ball was back!!!!!

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

No one is saying you aren't a fan of the program if you say that our coach did something stupid and bad.

I actually got into an argument with someone awhile back about how saying Smoke did something stupid was NOT me saying he was a bad coach.

But the way many talk, Smoke should be fired RIGHT NOW. If that doesn't happen, I think some would actually be (in a small way) hoping he fails next year so he will be gone for good.

I am sure 100% of those thinking that would never, ever, ever, admit it (especially on this board) but I don't doubt they exist.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Didn't waste him.. Smoke was using his best pitcher possible to GET to the next game. You can't plan ahead for a game that might not happen. You have to make sure you can win game 1 so you can play game 2. It is not good coaching to use a lesser pitcher in game 1 because doing that gives you a greater chance that there will be no game 2.

The team gave both of these games away themselves. Men left on base. They add up.

5. LSUHotdog

Because that would require some level of objectivity which the homer cadre that infects this board lacks.

I don't think the program is spiraling into mediocrity, it has been cruising on mediocrity just fine.

6. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

I did too.. :nope:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes if you don't start your 2nd best starter then bring him in he's wasted. If you plan to use him in relief, start him. He knew Determann was likely not to pitch a complete game.

if you planned on startin him tomorrow that is 100% fine with me yet he said he was starting SMITH tomorrow. If that's the case START Dirks. He's your #2 guy. its not really debatable. you made my point, there is no tomorrow.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I was def for the Bunt in that situation. The thing about the rotation was taht you coulda put me, Tirk or anyone on the hill and LSU woulda beat Marist. It was a no brainer that LSU would not use on of the 3 starters. Now, I still disagree with starting Determan today but he pitched his guts out and it could have worked out. My main problem is starting Smith tom had the gotten there. Tahts just not smart.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Rumor has it a non-smoke guy will be let go and his name is Turtle Thomas.

what a sad day that will be.

10. LSUHotdog

Tirk, if Thomas is let go before Wiederhold then that is an outrage.

Ben McDonald could call pitches better than that guy.