LSU vs. S.Carolina Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Rubi, Feb 27, 2006.

1. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

The game is on ESPN, and I really hope we come out and look good to impress a national audience. The UK game was not national, this team has had very few national TV appearances for a ranked team (admittedly ranked late in the season) in a major conference. Most of them were early in the year when we lost the close OOC games. It would be a nice statement if we beat SC without Tyrus Thomas. I'd like to see Rolle in particular have a coming out, he has more upside than Lazarre and gives a little more of the long armed presence that TT does. I just hope Blackmon doesn't have a repeat performance of his game against Bama a couple of weeks ago on ESPN!

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Trust me...I'm sure LSUGOLFER, olVENICEdog and Kajunsausage will be all over this thread shortly (if they haven't already--I don't know, I haven't made my way down the entire thing yet) to "chime in" on their thoughts....and I'm willing to bet WestCoastTiger will also surely add that this was one of the games he thought we would lose back when he predicted us to finish the regular season 3-3.... :cool:

We're certainly "beat up" and we can't afford to lose anyone else--nor can we afford for any of our current injured players to sustain further injury. If DMitch gets hurt or is bothered enough to be forced out of the game early, we could be in trouble.

However, if we can still complete the game without losing anyone, or having to sit anyone more than normal, I think we still have enough talent over South Carolina to pull out another "W".

3. BostonBengal

Would you have preferred him attempt to aggressively block the shot and risk fouling the shooter, sending him to the line for free throws??

Sounds to me like DL is in a "no win" situation with you (my appologies if that's not the case). But it just sounds like if he would have fouled the shooter and sent him to the line, and if Kentucky made those shots and eventually walked out with the win, you would be all over DL for not playing the averages--but instead gave him a chance to make those points from a higher percentage spot....the free throw line.

But since DL didn't contest the shot enough to your liking, he either looks lost or didn't do enough...

(again, not trying to be confrontational....but that's just the impression I get)

4. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

You won't see me traveling to SC either, mainly because of mardi gras, and the fact that I am not a good basketball travel fan. I will watch the close win from down here. LSU - 68, USC - 59

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I didn't say I wanted the guy killed dude. Just keep your eyes on him and watch how slowly he moves to get in position....or how he is really getting beat to rebounds. I guess he's not playing that much cause he's an all-star huh? He needs to be slightly more aggressive. Next time you watch a game.....concentrate on the play of the players and not just the final score.

On the flip side of that, I have seen a real aggressiveness to Rolle in the last 3 weeks or so. Some good, some bad but at least aggressive. I will never fault a player for playing hard being aggressive and at this point, I feel more comfrtable with him in the game than Lazare....and I mean on both ends of the floor.

Brady must make the same observations I make sometimes because I see him lighting Lazare up a bunch.

6. BostonBengal

I see it even a little bit closer...

LSU - 69, South Carolina - 65

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

This is kind of a weird game. I can see us dropping this one. I can slo see us blow them out. I think we need to get up early and T. Mitchell has to be a factor.

LSU 72
    USC 64

LSU!

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actually I felt just the opposite about lazare last game. I was really impressed with the way he played and felt he adjusted very nicely and was a key factor in the win. I think everything you said above is more attributable to Rolle. Id like to see him be more aggressive and less lost at times.

with that said, SC will be pumped on sr night while Big Baby spent a ton of energy last game so he will likely be flat. Possibly the entire LSU team lets their guard down on the road.

I think LSU hangs close early and fades late.

SC wins 70-65.

9. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

damn, two straight three's for USC...

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Crap, I was thinking the game came on at 7 CST, not 7 EST.