LSU vs Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NoDakSt, Dec 22, 2002.

1. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Texas win over Tennessee sets up the perfect matchup between the Lady Tigers and the Longhorns. This will be the first "big time" matchup for LSU. There will be quite a few mini matchups in this game.

First, I hope that Sere and Carey are ready to go for this game so that Texas is at full strength. Expect Gunter to have the Lady Tigers implement a press. It's something that LSU has been working on and they have the players to implement it. The Hodges, Tameka, and Kisha will be putting a lot of pressure on Hillard, Norman, and Carey. i don't remember Tenn pressing the Longhorns too much so I don't know how Texas will respond.

Another matchup will be in the paint. Stacy Stephens ruled in the paint against Tennessee's taller posts, nearly outrebounding AROB and Jackson and outscoring ARob and Ely. She is a force. But so is Detrina White. That matchup will be huge.

Texas will probably sit in a zone to keep tabs on SMith and D. White and force the perimeter players to penetrate and kick it out. White and Smith will have to really work for boards and the perimeter players will have to board long caroms.

Texas has Bowers and Schreiber who can go inside or out and who represent some matchup problems. Texas will set a lot of screens to free them up all over the court.

2. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

In 3 days. Get ready!

3. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Me too.

I see Texas is broadcasting the game over the net and I'm sure that LSU will be utilizing their "game tracker".