LSU vs. UALR

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TennesseeTiger, Feb 20, 2005.

1. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

13-8 LSU in the top of the 8th...LSU gives up 4 runs in the top of the 8th with 2 errors...Is UALR better than I thought or are the Tigers playing down to their competition?

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

13-9 LSU...gave up 5 runs in the 8th...not very good. Maybe the team hasn't gelled yet...

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well LSU is toying with their lineup... has a myriad of new players and pitchers playing.... and was leading 12-0 after two... the emotion was gone early.... to be honest it's hard to get up and play an opponent such as UALR. If we were playing Tulane with our veterans starting and our starting pitchers pitching... it would be a different story. Plus you have to realize that UALR is trying their hardest to beat LSU while LSU is just basically practicing and toying with the lineups

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Just like in the past, I expect them to step-up their level of play as soon as better competition is faced. A positive is our offensive production. If any of our vets were pitching, it wouldn't even be close... It's just really hard to see where we are as a team right now. I think we'll have a better idea after the series at Houston.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Only 3 of the runs were earned. Defense has got to step up. No excuse for 4 errors regardless of the competition.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I still think we'll get better though. You're absolutely right about competition not being an excuse for poor play... Smoke seems to just sit back and let it happen a lot though.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

we committed so many errors because we had 85% of the starters pulled... and young pitching in their. Smoke was just toying around with the line up to see who is clutch and who isnt. English performed well, but Cahill and Dardar tanked. They will get better with experience, but better to find out now, who isnt up to speed, then need them later and not know.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What makes you say that?