LSU vs UCF -- Fiesta Bowl discussion thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Dec 2, 2018.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

we will have to do without him anyway next year might as well get the next dude up

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Unfortunately, I suspect the next dude up will be playing for U High in the Superdome this weekend, not in Arizona on New Year's.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who are you talking about? Derrick Stingley Jr. plays for Dunham HS.

watson1880 likes this.
  4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

As for actual predictions, I think LSU should be able to run the ball, almost at will. This game does concern me, however, because UCF has a ton to prove and a ton of motivation. Despite competition, it's not easy to win 25 games in a row. The point spread is 6.5. I think LSU wins by like 10, but there are some anxious moments.

UCF was better last year, and they did beat Auburn. I absolutely can't stand the "Auburn didn't care about that game" argument that always seems to get made after a power 5 loses a bowl game like this. I think UCFs gonna be a tough out, but I think LSU wins at the end. Scores a TD late to make it look more lopsided than it actually was

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I've seen when LSU doesn't care. It happens about 6 games out of every year. Oh and Troy!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Even if LSU did insurance policies of 5 million for each nfl risk player.

I hear what your saying and it is his decision. But the way I look at it you got a scholarship to play football. Which includes bowl games if you are lucky enough . In addition you get a college education to get a job as well. Your teammates and school have to mean something to you. He loses something in my book. But it is his decision. I would play in the game myself.

I am on disability right now because with diabetes for 23 years I made the decision to help my company out by working overtime to save an account after working a full day at other accounts. A lot of people would call me stupud but I have always given a 100% at what I do and I would do it again. I work for a large international company and we could have lost it and still been ok but if you lose enough 4 million dollar accounts you will be laid off. I have been out on disability for almost 5 months and hopefully can return to work in 2 weeks,

I was raised that way and it may not have been that smart but I wont ever do less than my best .If I cant then i will find a job I can do and do my best at it. Hell he could have been hurt in any game this year. If you play not to get hurt then why play at all.

Everyone has to make this decision for themselves I guess.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

not a staff or team in america that should have more bowl game motivation than LSU

Chipeace, ROY_LA_CA and leroy7500 like this.
  8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Insurance doesn’t compare to an actual contract and signing bonus. Come on, fellas. Think

ehusson80 and TigerTap like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Now that's funny. Im with @DonCastavez here. I don't even think we will be more motivated than the little engine that could ucf team, much less tops in the country.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

My bad, that's who I meant

Bengal B likes this.