LSU vs UCLA Week #1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Buzz69, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

2. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Hope coach Yaw Yaw can keep the prima donna recruits and their egos happy. If this keeps up, you gonna see some whining and griping from guys who aren't accustomed to losing. They won't like people questioning their greatness after they have been put on a pedestal since peewee ball and also putting their NFL dreams in danger. I'm sure it's pretty rough dealing with the multiple personality types. If they don't keep buying in every week, Yaw yaw is going to be the ole dumb cajun boy who let one year of success go to his head and let his dream job slip out of his hands, like passes going through the receivers hands this past weekend.

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. msully

msully Founding Member

I am watching the game replay on fox fs2 to see if I missed anything . The bad is about to start

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Doesn’t change the fact this was a clusterfuck on behalf of the tigers.

5. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

As of today (9/7/21) according to ESPN's FPI, UCLA is projected to win 8 of their next ten games, putting them at 10-2. That's good enough to play for their conference championship and possibly make it into the playoffs. We'll just have to see how the season plays out. Maybe UCLA is a lot better than everyone thought?

LSUTiga likes this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Possibly. But that doesn’t change LSU’s lack of effort, poor tackling and softness.

I know a lot of people don’t care for Kirk Herbstreit. But listen or read what he said. It’s spot on and as an LSU fan, depressing as fuck.

There is a culture problem within this organization.

Here is a tidbit:

“One thing I've always appreciated about LSU — I almost don't even care who the coach is — this is before Coach O, it's just the players in that state have such a sense of pride of that uniform and growing up in that state," Herbstreit said. "When they get their chance to put on that uniform — they may lose to Alabama, they may lose to Auburn or whoever — but the care, the want, the desire that you can never argue with to me. The last year to me was an outlier as far as the LSU defense. Go back as far as you want to go back — the early '80s to now. They may not have the weapons as far as the talent, but you're going to see those guys fly around just play with so much energy and love — just love the game. Not worried about the NFL. Not worried about individual accolades. They just want to hit people. I've always been blown away by that. Last year was not LSU. Game 1 is not LSU that I've grown up watching, so I don't know where they go. We'll see where they go from here."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theadvertiser.com/amp/5758470001

ROY_LA_CA, msully, TBTrumpet and 4 others like this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

damn that was spot effin’ on….

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Buzz69

Buzz69 Freshman

He must have suspected something(s) was wrong with our program. He picked UCLA on the CFB pre game show.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Lmao

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

His prediction about Leslie leaving the program was only wrong in manner and time frame. Lol.