LSU vs UL Monroe game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Sorry boys but effort this crappy doesn’t even deserve a training bra much less victory tits.
    End this shit season NOW

shane0911 and tzanghi like this.
  2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I don't follow recruiting so I can't comment on that. I would like a win to finish .500 and get a trip to a bowl game.

lsu-i-like and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We go head to head with the Aggies for high school players in Texas and Louisiana. A win next week helps that effort for a player or 2.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

just about right…. from Brodie miller at the athletic:

BATON ROUGE, La. — Leading 17-0 from his own 39-yard line in a game against a team ranked No. 125 in the country by ESPN’s SP+, Ed Orgeron said, “Screw it.”

It was fourth down in his own territory late in the first half. Nothing was really at risk. And Orgeron decided to call a fake punt pass designed to target a receiver who was covered. And the receiver slipped. And the pass was easily intercepted. And the UL Monroe defender returned it 23 yards.

One play later, ULM’s Rhett Rodriguez threw a 28-yard touchdown to Boogie Knight — yes that’s his listed name — on which he made two LSU defenders whiff to make it a 17-7 game at halftime.

LSU ended up beating UL Monroe, 27-14, and the outcome was never truly in question. But it was just one more night in which things could never come easy for the Tigers. It was the kind of night in which ULM missed two wide-open fourth down attempts at the goal line to save LSU from itself. Yes, it’s a depleted roster with double-digit starters out and little to play for, and yes, it’s a season that’s been off the rails for months, but the same team that took Alabama and Arkansas down to the wire this month barely got by UL Monroe.

That’s this LSU season in a nutshell.

65Grad and northernvatiger like this.
  5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

O has really lost my respect over the past few weeks. It seems like he's determined to go out on his terms, regardless if it hurts the team or not. The fake punt and not kicking the field gold when we're well in FG range were absolutely ridiculous calls. It's almost like he's pissed off and he wants everyone to know it. Was a big fan of O, but not anymore!

Hou-duco likes this.
  6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This effort deserved a tranny bra.

Don Castavez likes this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Yep this was ugly, I'll take the win though.
    App State, yes that one, played ULM 3 weeks ago. We were up 49-7 at the half. Our third team played the whole fourth qtr. and part of the the third. Final score was 59-28.
    This was a big game for ULM, their players wanted to show up and show out. Still no excuse, this was very ugly.
    Hoping we see large improvement in the overall play next year.

HalloweenRun likes this.