LSU vs USC game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Folks, yes, the refs completely fudged up some critical calls down the stretch, and we got screwed. But the T on Brady wasn't one of them.

My point is it should've never come to that.

USC shot 0-for-21 from three-point land. ZERO FOR TWENTY-ONE!!! Normally, when a team shoots 0-for-21 from behind the arc, they get blown off the court. Why were we not able to do this? Because, though we did not shoot as horribly as they did, we played sloppy beyond belief for the third straight game. We committed 23 turnovers, often just throwing the ball up in the stands for no apparent reason.

My God, when will we learn to play disciplined, well-executed basketball. We have got to get under control. And our older guys, juniors and seniors, have got to stand up and be leaders.

Brady has got to make some tough decisions. I know he's a good kid and it pains me to say it, but please, for the love of God, put Regis on the bench. You can't win basketball games without scoring lots of points, and he is never a threat to score. And tell Hudson to shoot the ball more!

We have a home game against Georgia next week that is an absolute MUST WIN! I'm hoping to God we can finally come out and play something that resembles the game of basketball. Sooner or later, enough is enough, and if these young men have pride like I think they do, they will commit to playing the best they can play. That time needs to be right now. Our season will either be salvaged or will slip away piece by piece, depending on how we do next week.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman