LSU vs. Washington Game Thread; 9:30 pm; ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Aug 29, 2009.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LSU looked mediocre like John expected. This is the football that Miles won his NC on, though, so no worries. Miles goes berserker ftw.

This is not a dominating team like we saw when we spanked Arizona in 2003, this is another Miles/Rocky team. AAAAAdrian.

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

YO! :geaux:

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

So I have to ask, why am I so "Stupid" and a "nut" because I didnt expect LSU to give up 500 yards off offense to UW. No I didnt expect LSU to win by 40, but when you have the Talent LSU has, and the pedigree up and down the board. Yes I expected a little better against a team that didnt win a game last year in a very weak conference.
    Not win by 8 no, not even the experts (I guess they are idiots as well) the guys that do this for a living predicted that (Line was 18 points). But yeh they are idiots as well

No I guess I dont have a clue.
    God forbid any of us expected a dominating performance like we have seen in the last 8-9 years. Shame on us....I will never expect such a thing again. I will be thankful and bow to your greatness and genius when LSU gives up 500 yards of offense and say "thank you".
    Hey they won, thats all that matters, time to celebrate but this is a message board, what do you expect

1 person likes this.
  4. roynav

roynav free your mind

Uh...What kind of an idiot would'nt expect LSU to beat a team that had lost 14 games in a row by 40 points?:huh:

I get to listen to UW talk smack now. Great.

5. Cajunplayboy

Cajunplayboy Founding Member

What in God's name would have made you think 10-14 point victory??? Our defense should've shut them out and you thought our offense was gonna only gonna score 2 TD's... we know who the real nut is

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Congrats Tigers on the win. Kept me on the edge of my seat and reaching for the Maalox on more than one occassion. I think this game obviously showed the Tigers have a lot of areas to improve on, and they will. I also think Washington is much improved over last year and will prove that as the year goes on. IMO Locker is a superb QB.

P. Peterson, Cutrera, JJ, K. Williams, T. Tolliver and LaFell all had a pretty good game, especially Peterson. He made several big plays and will get better every week, which is scary in a way. I think the offense shows a lot of potential. The last couple of drives weren't bad.

Defense is the big concern IMO. Lot of poor tackling and little pressure and containment on the QB. Too many 3rd downs got converted. We'll see how they look next week and I think they'll play much better. I've still got faith that Chavis can get it done.

Again, great win for the Tigers and now I'll see if I can go to sleep. It's gonna take a while to wind down after this one though. Good night everybody. :geauxtige :LSU231:

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Who didn't think Washington wasn't gonna be a different team. Patrick Peterson showed up like, whoah.

Other than that, all I can say is, thank God for turnovers and improved QB play. I thought JJ looked extremely confident. :geaux:

Other than that. That 3rd and Chavis really really scares me

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don't like this line of thinking. When striving for excellence you don't look over your shoulder to see how everyone else is doing.

YouTube - Les Miles,Godzilla: Separated at Birth?

D was missing tackles L&R. No Pressure, limp performance by the defensive line. Then they peacocked every chance they could.

Jefferson did better than Lee did last year, but not MUCH better. Pretty unimpressive. Running game was pretty weak, we didn't utilize our WRs enough, Trindon Holliday was a nonfactor.

I was expecting a dominant performance and I guess that ol' Les wasn't up to that task. What he does have to offer is bat**** insane berserker mode. This was a very inefficient use of our talent.

9. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

My only complaint was lack of intensity (jetlag IMO) and 3rd and chavis. We looked like a good team out there in the 2nd half, and to say otherwise is fooling yourself..

I hate to say it.. but when Alexander comes out our DL is much better.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

To be clear: Cali, I think you are pretty much a bona fide lunatic. To me, you seem like you have like a 5%-10% grasp of reality, but that's about it. Whevever you disagree with me, I take that as a very positive sign, being that I would hate to be like you. Flip side is that we are all different, and I have respected that about you, but being that you refuse to respect that about me, I have pretty much zero respect for you.