LSU vs. Washington Game Thread; 9:30 pm; ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Aug 29, 2009.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You sound frustrated. Your team played the best game it could possibly play and still lost. Doesn't say a whole lot for them. What's that, 15 in a row now? New season, new administration, same old Huskies.

2. TC

TC Le Big Mac

You can rationalize LSU's poor performance if you'd like, but the truth is they did not look like an SEC contender.

Aside from the disappointing running attack, the three-and-outs on offense, the lack of QB pressure on D, the missed tackles, the blown coverages, the fact that Chris Hawkins is on the team at all, the poor punts, and the Holiday non-factorism, the things I'm most concerned about are...

(1) The dancing, celebrating, smack-talking Tiger D when they make a tackle on 2nd down. Then they give up a conversion on 3rd and long.
    (Remember them doing this is Gainesville last year, when the Gators were up by twentysomething?! WTF?!):confused:

(2) No leadership. Brandon Lafell is the closest thing LSU has to a leader on the field, and against one of the worst defenses the Tigers will see all year, he could barely get his hands on the ball.:dis:

Could be a long season.

3. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

SCOREBOARD. Whoops?

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

15, in a row :yelwink2:

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

First of all, compliments to the Huskies....they were well prepared and much better than anyone on this board gave them credit for. Sarkasian has them going in the right direction.

Secondly, while I'm disappointed that it was not the blowout we hoped for, given the situation (first game of the year, the long road trip, against a major conference opponent that was playing in "we've got nothing to lose" mode), I'm more than happy with the win.

Third, I saw nothing we did wrong that can't be corrected, and we're good enough on talent alone to beat Vandy and ULL while we correct them. Georgia is when the season really begins for us.

Finally, let me remind everyone of the '05 season. New head coach, new defensive coordinator. We opened the season with a by-the-skin-of-our-teeth victory on the West Coast in which our defense got shredded, and followed it with the Tennessee Monday night embarrassment in which Ryan Clausen picked our defense apart. When we were 1-1, would anyone have guessed that we'd win 9 straight and play for the SEC championship? That's exactly what we did, mainly because Bo Pellini got it figured out. Let's have faith that Chavis will figure it out as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I can't wait either. Playing the Tigers in Tiger Stadium is a little bit different experience than playing them in Seattle. Come on down, we'll be waitin' for you, all 92,400 of us, and I promise you it will be an experience you won't soon forget. I like our chances.

But what confuses me is how you can run your mouth when you lost. :huh: Guess losing 15 in a row and counting will do that to you though.:hihi: :LSU231:

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Never has. Never will.