LSU vs Wisconsin, First Game, NRG Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 17, 2014.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I predict more than one LSU player's name will be mispronounced on more than one occasion.

cajdav1 likes this.
  2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Huh? You can only win one Heisman in a season.

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I guess they are going to give out multiple trophies in NYC in December. :confused:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

. . . and therein lies the joke . . .

LSUsupaFan and Richdog like this.
  5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Poor soul didn't get it.

LSUsupaFan likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

A friend of mine may have two tickets for the game, lower bowl, LSU section. PM me for more info.

Sold.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Good Luck to you guys this season.....it's gonna be fun!!

How do you pronounce Fournette's name.....is it straight forward.....Four-Net....or does he have some cute little Cajun twist to it???

I thinking a couple of things.....Fournette will break out in the second half and look like Herschel Walker in his first game against Tennessee (Oh so many years ago)....and Melvin Gordon, unless he's learned how to catch a pass, will have a less than stellar game....as LSU will keep him boxed in on his sweeps. He has yet to prove he can run between the tackles. Iowa kept him off the corners and held him to his fewest yards (62) of the season last year (even though they kicked our ass!).

I do like the new Wissie coach....they're a little more unpredictable on offense and he's improved their D in his short tenure....but with that said...they may take a step back as they have to replace a pretty good OL from last year. This game may come down to QB play....neither team is going to require their QB be anything more than "error-free" this first game, but I think LSU will slow Wisconsin's run game enough that the Wissie QB will be a little more challenged to step up and make plays.

On the one hand, I want to see LSU do well and go on to win the west and be in the final 4.....on the other hand, the Wisconsin game and Michigan State's game at Oregon are those signature games that define conferences and create national respect. The B!G could use a little help in that sense, as we all know!!!

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Emphasis on the second syllable. four-NET.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've had the busiest month of my life. Flying back in to Houston tomorrow and hanging with family for rest of day/night. Wake up to Game Day and probably meet a couple of friends in Midtown for afternoon games.

Plan to go watch main event at my house in Houston suburb unless one of my friends (or e-friends here) ends up with an extra ticket for reasonable price.

I've never seen a frosh with the hype of Fournette. There is no way he lives up to it. I said the same thing about Lebron in HS but was wrong. See what I did there? Indirectly compared Buga to Lebron like Miles has done with Jordan & Tiger.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.