LSU vs Wisconsin, First Game, NRG Stadium

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 17, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

One dimensional run game against LSU will not bode well.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Wisconsin won't be a one dimensional offense unless their new WR'S are totally inept. It's going to be a battle against their offense as they are good.

3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

LOL with that quarterback? Doesn't matter if they have Jerry Rice and Megatron.

Darth and StaceyO like this.
  4. cajdav1

I hope you were correct, but I have a feeling they will get decent Qb play & have a great running attack. Similar to what we've had most years.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll take the matchup with their WRs against RR and White

didit and furduknfish like this.
  6. furduknfish

They have less skill and experience at receiver in addition to a questionable QB.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. cajdav1

I would too, undoubtedly even if the rumors are true and Collins is going to start in place of RR.

However I have been watching the Badgers fairly closely for several years as they are one of the few big 10 teams I like. They will have serviceable players at most positions & if they can generate a running game they may find some openings.

I expect their qb to be better this year and make better decisions. I expect their run offense to be very good. Which tells me defense needs to be stout, this isn't going to be a game that LSU can take lightly.

LSU has twice the number of good/great athletes and I expect a win but I'm also expecting this to be a very competitive ballgame. There are many Big 10 teams I'd rather be starting the season with since we have so many youngsters in important roles. Guess I would have liked for us to have a warmup game before facing the Badgers.

Bengal B, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Patrick Peterson to serve as LSU's honorary captain at Advocare Texas Kickoff
    [​IMG]
    Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson, a former LSU Tiger, will serve as honorary captain when the Tigers play Wisconsin Saturday. (AP photo/Ross D. Franklin)
    Print
    [​IMG] By Jim Kleinpeter, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    Follow on Twitter
    on August 25, 2014 at 10:51 AM, updated August 25, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    [​IMG]
    Former LSU All-American cornerback Patrick Peterson will serve as the Tigers honorary captain when they take on Wisconsin in the Advocare Texas Kickoff Saturday at NRG Stadium in Houston.

Peterson, who played at LSU from 2008-10 and won the Thorpe and Bednarik Awards, is a three time All-Pro and the No. 5 overall pick in 2011 by the Arizona Cardinals.

Wisconsin will be represented by Houston Texas defensive end J.J. Watt, a two-time All-Pro and the 2012 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He was the 11th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft and played at Wisconsin from 2009-10.

StaceyO and Bengal B like this.
  9. furduknfish

Russell Wilson too busy?

LSUDad likes this.
  10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

He is going to the NC State game.

furduknfish likes this.