LSU vs Wisconsin game thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Aug 30, 2014.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Well said!!!

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No, but divide the game into two halves. In the first half, he was only 5 of 13, and more than half of his passes were deep balls, very low percentage throws. He was 4 of 8 in the second half, and again, 2 of the incompletions were deep balls. He hit a 3rd deep ball, and hit 3 of 5 in the intermediate range. Remember how it was obvious in the bowl game that they had designed a game plan to compensate for his inexperience? This game looked like a continuation of that philosophy. But midway through the third quarter, they started letting him sit in the pocket and throw intermediate balls, and he made some very good throws. I don't think we'll go full pro-style passing game like we were last year, but tonight gave evidence that Jennings can run Cam's offense, if given the chance. My opinion.

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I'll have to see it in sec play. Good thing he's got a couple of scrimmages before sec play. I don't want to see the tigers become the ole miss of the sec west.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's fair. Like you said, we've got a few games before its for real. The key to me is that we run offense as Cam envisions it, not as Les wants it. I think ultimately, Jennings' performance will determine our offensive philosophy.

gyver likes this.
  5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

You also could've inserted r-Kansas in there as well.:p

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I am also pleased to see that this team stayed in the game being 17 points down. I doubted it during the game and they proved me wrong.

gyver likes this.
  7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Bama struggled with WVU, Auburn struggled with Arkansas for a half, theOSU struggled with Navy, UCLA barely got by Virginia, defending champ FSU beat Okie St by 6. It's the first game of the year. We won! Those players will get better.

ParadiseiNC, Jopry, LSUDad and 7 others like this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

LSUfan?

9. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Good perspective. I would say that LSU had the toughest opponent mentioned here.

gyver likes this.
  10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Both teams looked somewhat suspect, but that's par for the course in game one....winning these match ups is the only thing that matters...on to week two...congrats on the comeback!!

ParadiseiNC, Jopry, LSUDad and 3 others like this.