LSU will exploit UGA's weaknesses

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I think LSU will be just fine. Greene has only thrown for 3 touchdowns and it's only gonna be harder against LSU. LSU has great run defense and UGA's running game is suspect. It's not looking good for them.

Weekend Watch List: Georgia O a sore point with Richt

Mark Richt has been composed, classy and competent for most of his four seasons at Georgia.

Whatever Mark Richt is telling David Greene isn't working. He's thrown only three TDs.(Getty Images)
    This week, the coach a Hurricane couldn't blow over when he was at Florida State finally lowered his force field. Richt was hired because of the offensive genius tag he earned with the Seminoles. Two years ago he won the school's first SEC title in 20 years. Last year the Dawgs once again played for the conference title.

They might win it again this year. Then again, Georgia might be mortally wounded in the SEC East race if it loses to LSU for the third time in 377 days.

Amazingly, the main problem is the offense. It could be a fatal flaw for the Bulldogs this year. It has underachieved so far. Quarterback David Greene has thrown only three touchdowns.

It's not a good time to get well. Greene is probably still taking anti-inflammatories after last season's meetings with the Tigers. In those two games, Greene was sacked 10 times, intercepted five times and had his knee hyperextended.

This season, Georgia is eighth in the SEC and 52nd nationally in total offense. Marshall coach Bobby Pruett said a couple of weeks ago that the Dawgs weren't going to win the SEC scoring 13 points per game. Georgia won that day 13-3.

Point is, all this seems to be getting to Richt.

"... we're a lot closer than we were a year ago at becoming a real good offense," he said at this week's press nap, er, conference.

Why I'm at this game
    LSU at Georgia
    Since I've been throwing roses (and Sugar and Orange) at the Bulldogs all year as my No. 1 team, I figured it was about time to see them in person. Can't wait for my first game between the hedges.
    Then Richt was asked if he took the offensive problems "personally" because of his vast experience on the ball side.

"Well, I thought I answered that question already but we'll answer it again for you, if it'll make you feel better," Richt said to Atlanta Journal Constitution columnist Jeff Schultz. "Yeah, I'm frustrated. You want to just write it down and make it the headline? That'd be fine with me."

Here goes: WHAT'S IT GOING TO BE LIKE IN ATHENS WHEN THINGS ARE REALLY BAD?

Right now, Richt is living a charmed life. He is handsomely paid. The program is perking along better than it has in the past two decades.

It's called big-game week, coach. There are going to be plenty more of them for you if the offense ever comes around. Mack Brown has his Oklahoma. For now your cement overcoat is LSU.

Full-blown QB controversy
    Everyone seems to understand that's the case at LSU except Nick Saban.

For the fifth time this season, senior Marcus Randall will get the start, against Georgia. Redshirt freshman JaMarcus Russell will enter the game at some point.

There is no pattern so far. Russell is the SEC's seventh-rated passer, but has completed less than half of his passes (33 of 68). Randall took the Tigers on their only touchdown drive at Auburn, but was not on the field at the end when all LSU needed was a field goal out of its last drive.

Russell then threw an interception that clinched the game for Auburn.

This isn't Tennessee where two promising freshmen are duking it out. Sooner or later Saban is going to have pick a starter and stay with him.

Georgia tailback depth
    No. 2 pencils ready? You'll need 'em.

Georgia tailback Danny Ware is back from a bruised lung, which means fellow freshman Thomas Brown takes over at No. 2.

Former backup tailback Michael Cooper goes from No. 2 to No. 4. Junior tailback Tony Milton, the starter for the first three games last year, goes in at No. 3. Milton had been at No. 5 while recovering from surgery.

That leaves Tyson Browning, last week's starter, out of the rotation completely because of fumbling issues. He will be returning kicks, which is the perfect place for a guy who has problems holding onto the ball.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/7745457

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

This could be the K.O. Punch for GA this season ... one from which they cannot recover ... If Richt has half a brain ... he'll start Shockley

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

That's the problem, he only has half a brain. :wink:

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Shock better be ready. The Bandits might send Mr. I-can-beat-everybody-except-LSU-and-Florida packing 'em in early. :thumb:

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I am so...

ready for this game. This game is real close to being a must win for the Tigers.;

6. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Here we go again.......Go Tigers! Go Virginia Tech! Go Oregon State! and most important......Gooooooo Vols!!!!!

At least either Texas or Oklahoma will definately lose next week. USC will be taken care of by natural causes.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Let me introduce you ... to Mister Natural Causes

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national rankings/IA_playerpasseff.html

The top ranked passer in America faces USC next week ... I'm looking for CAL to knock their azzes off ...

You'll find Mr. Heisman (Leinart) @ # 16

JaMarcus Russell @ #30 :thumb:

David Greene ... Mr. Unitas :lol: ... he's not in the top 50 ... you gotta look in the gutter to find him ... He's 0-5 against LSU & Florida :rofl: