LSU will never be a national favorite

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUMyrtleBeach, Mar 31, 2006.

1. LSUMyrtleBeach

LSUMyrtleBeach Founding Member

Let's face it the national audience does not care about LSU. I am sick and tired about all the sports pundits saying that to who ever wins this year's Final Four is not necessarily the best college basketball team. When Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Connecticut, Kansas, Syracuse or Arizona are not there, there is no mention of “the best team not being the National Champion”. Granted UCLA is in the final four this year and comes from a large media market and is considered the most successful program in college basketball history. However they can be seen as an underdog this year and the media is preparing for their loss to LSU. The same thing happened when the AP writers voted USC Football National Champions in 2003. It doesn't matter that the D-1 coaches have agreed to the Bowl Championship Series or that athletic directors agreed to a 64-team tournament to decide the basketball national champion, it's all a bout big markets versus a little markets. Let's face it, LSU is a little market and will never be a national favorite. We'll continue to get cute stories about Collis Temple Sr., Katrina and our crawfish-fed athletes but we will never be a national favorite. …and the Saints will never be the Dallas Cowboys.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Re: LUS will never be a national favorite

who the hell is LUS? cmon

3. LSUMyrtleBeach

Typo, sorry.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Who cares what everyone else thinks? We will have the trophy and no asterisk...

5. LSUMyrtleBeach

I do.

I love LSU ('83 graduate). I'm enjoying every minute, just as I did in '86 when I was living in Dallas. My gripe is with the media.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

WHAAAAAA!!!! BOOOOHOOOOO!!!! NOBODY LOVES ME.

Quit whining. Go e-mail the media about it, surely that will make them love us.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

LSUMyrtle, do you always copy and paste the same post/thread on multiple forums?

8. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Who gives a poop what the media says. The media told Bush that Iraq had WMD's and 2 trillion dollars and 3000 US lives later are we any closer to finding OBL then we were 3 years ago? If you live and die by what the media has to say then you are in trouble bub.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The media gets paid to talk. LSU has gotten a ton of pub. If LSU keeps winning, the hot air will take care of itself.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

who gives a poop? everyone here that cried about USC's "threepeat".