LSU will NOT get an at-large bid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 6, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

thank god for the nit......

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

NOBODY pays attention to the NIT.

3. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

They will go to the NCAA regardless. Good enough (barely) to get a bye in the conference tourny, results in a bid to the NCAA's, especially in top conferences...ACC, SEC, etc.
    LSU still has a very good RPI, plus a tough .500 SEC record (ask State how tough Bama is, or Kentucky about UGA). plus a one-time top 25 appearance. We even beat Florida, a former #1, on the road. They will go regardless....count on it.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

I strongly disagree!!! If they let Bama in (which everyone thinks they will), then they must let LSU in. We have a better overall record, same SEC record and we beat them TWICE. They have a better SOS but that doesnt make up for the other factors. Besides, they haven't been on fire the last 10 games either.

Unless we get absolutely embarrassed by the SC/ARK winner we are in. OK strange things can always happen--such as every major conference tournament won by a team that wouldnt otherwise get an invitation, but I'm betting that wont happen.

We might be a 12 seed, but we'll be there.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

btw, cut sabanfan some slack. heck, with 10,000 posts he's entitled to lose it once in a while.

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

or not.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Son (by the way, I'm 54. How old are you?) I did not call Sourdough an a$$hole. I like Sourdough. I called Alaman an a$$hole because, based upon all of his posts here, I believe that he is an a$$hole.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, tirk already came to my defense and I appreciate it, but have you ever been tested for reading comprehension? My exact statement was:
    First, I clearly qualified the a-hole remark by noting that the opinion is based upon all of his posts. Second, the statement "but, that aside", removes the a-hole comment from the subject of discussion, that being Brady's relative ability to coach the LSU basketball team. So, calling one a-hole an a-hole does not imply that I was calling you an a-hole.

9. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

I went to LSU in 1958. Just a recomendation since you are old enough to learn how to control your language.

Cheer.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think we all need to have a toast around here and lighten up.
    We all seem to be "high Stressed" around here lately.:D