LSU will NOT get an at-large bid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 6, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Why don't you spend a little more time time around here before appointing yourself the moral authority? My vocabulary is quite extensive and, frankly I could not come up with a euphemism sufficient to make my point. So, a$$hole it is.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

To all a$$holes on this board, we salute you!

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Non-asshole pertaining post here...

Apparently gumborue, gotskeeters and myself are the only ones that think LSU will still be in the NCAA tournament. Mindboggling...

LSU's RPI is in the 30's and has a .500 record in the second best conference in the nation. That has got to be worth something.

Everyone is harping on LSU as a team that is stumbling at the finish. That is true over the last 5 games but over the last 10 games, a stat the selection committee looks strongly at, LSU is 5-5. 5-5 is a respectable record for a tournament bound team in conference play.

The main thing that could hurt LSU would be if the committee really emphasizes injuries in determining tournament entries. Clearly LSU is not the same team without Jaime Lloreda, but the season must be viewed as a complete body of work. The committee has done this in the past, dropping the seed of Cincinatti a few years back after the Kenyon Martin injury. This is the only thing that scares me as far as LSU not getting in the tourney...

Finally, to those that say that LSU would be better off not playing the big boys in the NCAA tourney, that is hogwash. This is the same team that gave UK all it could handle one week ago. UK will likely be a top 3 seed in the tourney. I would welcome the chance for this team to get hot and make some noise in the tourney a la Auburn last year.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

5. SabanFan

I'm on that wagon too. I think they're in without a tourney win.

6. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

according to the analyst i just saw on tv, lsu is not on either bubble team having to win 1 or 2 games to get in......which means they most likely will get an invite......will see how they are seeded to get an idea how far they can go......a team that young with that much excitement......strange things can happen.....

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think they are probably in I just don't see them doing well. With the slump at the end of the season if they don't win some games in the SEC tourney they will probably draw a tough seed. Either way NCAA or NIT I'll be pulling for them and hoping for the best.:geaux: :lsug:

8. snorton938

agreed......but, hey that's something to get fired up for......being the underdog can be fun.........i'm gonna be there for 'em.....

9. SabanFan

Yeah. No pressure.

10. snorton938

look....they're gonna play 4 freshmen and a sophomore........c'mon.....let 'em have fun.........:D