LSU will NOT get an at-large bid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Lets face it, this team peaked already, Bama is now peaking at the right time.

With the showing of this team in the SEC tourney thery don't deserve going into the
    NCAA tourney and I'm not sure they could beat an 11 or 12 seed in the NCAA tourney
    anyway

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I HOPE like hell that we DON'T go to the NCAA.

Deserving? Not no but HELL NO.

We stand the risk of being embarrassed on national TV...

Today's game was A JOKE.

I just don't know who to blame for it....

Brady's not a particularly intelligent or inspiring coach, but then again, with nothin' but young'uns on the floor - what do you expect???

Let's start talkin' Tiger nine - these guys are DONE.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I REPEAT......THE LSU TIGERS WILL NOT GET AN AT-LARGE BID

Way too many good teams more deserving...and you don't put a crippled team like LSU in the big dance....you simply can't and the NCAA won't.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well

at least you're not saying i told you so. you would never do that.

fact remains, barring a blowout I thought they were in but now we will never know because everyone already knows now they are out.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I may be stupid but I still think that LSU can still get an at-large bid. They should still be ahead of Alabama and Georgia (provided Alabama doesn't win tonight) in overall season performance. It's probably more likely to end up with LSU on the outside looking in but I just have a feeling...

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

MikeD,
    You really want to see this team go up against one of the big boys and get their hearts ripped out some more.
    Personally, I'm hoping for NIT for em.

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

This is the same team that gave UK all they could handle. I would much rather have a chance to make a splash in the NCAA tourney than be stuck in the NIT. Chances would be against them winning but anything can happen in a basketball game.

8. boomer45

boomer45 Freshman

Talk on some sports shows is that LSU is still in based upon the whole year. Cajuns go for winning the conf. tour.-----Tell ya who is tough NOW --UNO--Maybe that little guy TOWE??? is the one for LSU. JUst impresses the hell out of me.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bama is killing Florida right now

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The young guys like Bass and Tack need to at least get their first taste of the March Madness experience. Even if they get blown out in the first game it might be a good bonding experience if they get together and vow to never let it happen again. If they can somehow get it together and play at the same level for a full game as they did against Kentucky they will play a second game. If LSU gets in at all they will be a 10th or 11th seed - meaning that they won't be playing a powerhouse in the first round.

The worst thing to happen would be to get blown out in a first round NIT game.

Right now Brandon Bass is the best player on the team. He needs to step it up and tell the rest of the team "This is my team. Lets kick some ass!" and then go out on the court and play with the kind of fire in his belly that would kick his game up a few notchs to a dominating level. Does he have that in him? I don't know. I have heard he is a pretty mild mannered kid. If I was the coach I would tell that to Bass privately and instill in him that this team is as good as he makes it. Lloreda is gone. Get over it. Put the team on your back and carry them to the promise land!

Whatever happens it would be great if Bass got the kind of confidence to go into next season knowing he is a real bad dude and he can be the kind of player who makes his teamates better.