LSU will NOT get an at-large bid

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I follow UNO because it is where I graduated from. I got an academic scholarship to go there and choose to go there instead of LSU. I will graduate this year with my MBA from UNO. My ID came in handy for the LSU game this year. I got in for free. I like TOWE too - very energetic. He has recruited well for being at UNO. I don't know if he will be the answer.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

totally agree. you have to crawl before you can walk and this is something they could build on. I agree with Bass. I dont seem to see that fire that it takes to lead a team. He has unlimited potential but not that aggressiveness it will take to carry a team. But I must remember he is just a freshman and a very young man. You can't teach heart....let's hope he has it.

3. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Bass isn't a problem. He is developing nicely. This team's problems come from getting any kind of balanced scoring. Right now, both Hudson and Mitchell must score for this team to have a chance to beat good teams. I am grateful that Hud finally got it going today. Unfortunately, Mitchell couldn't get things going at all. Now, Brady must realize that Minor must play heavy minutes at the point so that his 4 most talented players stay on the floor a large majority of the time. If he can get scoring out of any 3 of those 4 players in a given game, the Tigers will be able to beat alot of NCAA tournament teams. Now, if Brady is stubborn and continues to play Whipple any more than just as a sub to rest Minor for short stints, he is a fool. Of course, such incompetence would not surprise me in the least.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bass isn't a problem but at times there are long streaches where he hardly touches the ball and dosen't take a shot. Bass is now the best player on tghe team. He needs to step up and make it his team and lead by example. No matter that he is a freshman. He has the talent to be Da Man. Does he have the fire to become Da Man? I think Tack Minor probably has the fire if he can get his talent under control. Bass and Tack should become Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid, Magic and Kareem, Moe, Larry & Curley, Tom and Jerry, Batman and Robin, Rocky and Bullwinkle - Whatever it takes to take it to the next level.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol I know tack has the fire.... i never thought bass was a problem at all. I meant leadership. he seems to lack the intensity.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I've noticed the last few games Brandon gets doubled and tripled team a lot
    so then he has to pass up the shot and find someone to step up and make a
    shot, the problem is thier hasn't been person on this team that has been consistant in making shots or making positive things happen except for
    Neltner or Lazarre IMO
    Notice I said consistant, that means every game.

Mitchell is either hot or cold and I still can't figure out what Whipple does.
    No consistant shooters from the outside unfortunately

Another problem is everyone are looking at the freshman when the problem could be that you usually get a little more consistantcy out of your juniors
    and seniors and that hasn't happened with this team.

I will say this I Love Tacks attitude and confidence to try and make things happen and shoot a 3 and miss badly and then nail that shot next time down.

7. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

The main question...

Ok, so we have 4 frosh and 1 soph. let's look at what has happened this past year with players jumping ship. Bass was thinking about the NBA draft instead of coming to LSU. Do you think he is going to come back and play for Brady next year or go into the draft? I bet there is a bunch of people telling him to cut his loses and go make the money.

How many recruits do we have coming next year? Wasn't one guy kicked off his JUCO team, and for what reason? Is that the type of attitude we want on this team? Look at what Saban did, look at the character of the team. They believe in Saban and his system and what did that get them...a frickin NC!!!!!!

The problem is that Brady has no control of these guys. He has as much control over this team as did Dinardo!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

8. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Hey look it is my 100th post :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And thank goodness you didn't waste it.....lol

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This where I'm at, we have Glen Davis and thats it coming in next year now.
    What if Brandon does decide to leave?
    What then?
    Maybe Brady will use the same quote then thats in the advocate today

Having said that lets hope for the best! :D