LSU win over Arkansas just about puts Auburn into the BCS CG

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 21, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Auburn could lose either of it's last 2 games and still get in over both Boise State and TCU, in the event that Oregon were to win out.

The logic here is what the voters will do. Given that it will be a 12-1 Auburn and an 11-1 LSU team sitting fairly close to 5th in the human polls, the voters will vote Auburn ahead of LSU and the computer polls will still have Auburn very high and LSU would serve as a buffer between Auburn and both TCU and Boise State.

An LSU loss and the computer poll buffer is gone, Boise State and TCU are much closer and Auburn could be dropped a couple of notches lower, ending their title dreams.

Psychology will play a big part in all of this.

2. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

Tell ya what.... even if winning the next game puts Auburn in the Title game, i still think im gonna root for my tigers anyway....

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I think you're probably right, but our Tigers need to bring this thing home, and wait for it.... we win out and AU drops to Bama watch the lid blow off the Cam story.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I disagree.

5. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

Not automatic that Auburn gets past South Carolina in Atlanta.

6. islstl

Can you expand on that?

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

only to have their title stripped in a few years.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, USCe cudda/shudda/wudda won when they played earlier this year. If AU drops a game, we need it to be to Bama. If SCe wins the SEC, then they go to the Sugar and AU gets the other at large BCS bid, leaving us Capital One bowl bound. Unless they lose to both the gumps and the cocks.

9. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

What if Auburn loses to Bama 31-10? You still think they vote them in front of us? What if we shut down Arky by 2 TDs+? Maybe 34-14? Follow that up with a close one, let's say AU 21-17 over SC. Do they still get voted ahead of us? You're assuming a lot considering that Oregon and AU both have 2 games against non-cupcakes (I know Oregon St isn't that great this year, but they tend to play them close) and Boise has a pretty decent Nevada team coming in. TCU is going to kill New Mex but that is only going to drop them in the computers.

10. islstl

I just can't see a scenario that has a 12-1 Auburn behind LSU in the polls.

Obviously the score matters and yes if they look bad against Bama, then it will hurt them a lot. I can see it now all the clamor about LSU being ranked ahead of Auburn. Robert Smith and Craig James' heads will explode.