LSU win over Arkansas just about puts Auburn into the BCS CG

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 21, 2010.

1. T1gerfive

T1gerfive SANTA

I have a want to embrace the "unless"

1 person likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You know a few years ago, voters for some reason seemed to think Oklahoma who lost to Texas was better than Texas although Texas only had one loss. If Bama just wouldn't have lost to South Carolina, and would beat Auburn, we could be sitting pretty right now.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Interesting scenario. If Bama, Auburn, LSU all had one SEC loss against each other. My guess, the highest ranked BCS team would go. Nothing automatic there.

Oddly enough that scenario is operative with the two available invites to a BCS game. SC, Auburn, LSU, R-Kansas, and Bama are all in it.

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Are you so much of a homer that you don't realize that this is exactly what happened in '07? Georgia was ranked higher than LSU because LSU lost their last regular season game to Arkansas. LSU barely wins the SEC title game and what happened??

They jumped LSU over Georgia in the polls. The exact same thing would happen this year. There is a 0% chance that Auburn as a 1 loss SEC champ doesn't go to the BCS title game before LSU. It's not going to happen.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hey idiot, reading is fundamental.

"I just can't see a scenario that has a 12-1 Auburn behind LSU in the polls."

1 person likes this.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If Auburn drops one, it will give the media the excuse to sneak in their Big Ten team (Wis.) so they can have their classic Rose Bowl matchup.

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

If Auburn loses, a lot of voters will consider themselves off the hook with having to choose sides on the upcoming scandal. So, in essence, one loss for Auburn could count as two, since some voters will be quick to get them out of the discussion at the earliest convenience.

8. cal24

cal24 Founding Member

If Auburn loses to Bama then beats SC I think they will still get to the NC game.
    I don't think the voters will put them in if they lose their last game to SC. LSU
    would have the problem of all of the Big Ten 1 loss co champs and possible 1 loss
    Okl St Big 12 champs jumping them to get to the NC game.

9. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Auburn loses to Bama and USCe, Oregon loses to Oregon State, Boise St loses to Nevada.
    Until it's impossible this is my hope.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Depending on where things stand with the scandal, I do believe it could factor greatly. Getting the voters "off the hook" regarding Auburn is in play.