LSU with a nice win in the 9th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, May 12, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

fought back all game to tie it.

quinn stewart up no outs bottom 9 with runners on 1st and 2nd. hes the 3rd leading homerun guy in the country with 20 so he was swinging away. Vandi thought we would bunt.

base hit quinn.

LSU wins 4-3.

curious to see how many pitches for Dirks.

i think it was close to 130 if i had to guess.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Fortunately I was able to watch the last three innings on tv. Listened to the rest of the game while driving. Way to geaux tigers! Now hold onto that position in the top 8!!!!

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

123 for Clay Dirks. I have to say that these guys have played with character the last few weeks. They are a more oportunistic bunch then they had been in the past. They are getting good pitching and timely hitting. They are coming around at the right time. Maybe we wrote them off a little to soon. By the way, looked like a good crowd came out. Looks like the answered the call. Great all around.

4. tirk

miss st lost so we go up to 8th overall. tied with vandi so far.

we need to win the series at worst.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

i hate to sit here and play devils advocate but lsu needs to buy king boot's mom an extra special mother's day present. hollander hits into a routine inning-ending grounder which was kicked all over the infield. all 3 vandi errors were committed by that stud.

still a good win regardless. i think pulling the starter after a opening walk was probably a bad move for the vandi coach.

6. tirk

his pitch count was up there too. probably way past time to pull him and usually the first walk or hit makes it automatic.

yeah that tiger fan intimidation gets the best of em. shows what affect a good crowd can have and did.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That's quite an accomlishment! Congrats to the Tigers for stealing one game from the three-game series with Mighty Vandy!

We are definitely moving up.