LSU's biggest rival?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sosueme26, Aug 22, 2006.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If LSU and Texas A&M game were scheduled instead of Tulane they would be our biggest rivalry. It would take a few years to get back to the point of the old days but it would get some national spotlight b/c A&M doesnt really have a pure rival either IMO. Also I would see Texas being a huge rivalry if we played every year but then we would have to argue that they already have so much history with Oklahoma.

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I agree with that.

3. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I've learned to hate Urban Meyers just b/c he coaches Florida.

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

If a 9 year old kid dying of leukemia was coaching the Gators, most SEC fans would still hate him. There's still plenty of residual hate from the Spurrier years.

5. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Our only hope for a true rival lies in Tulane returning to some semblance of competitivity.

Everyone else, save Arkansas, has bigger fish to fry.

6. verouchi

verouchi KOC-RPH

I can seriously agree with the tulane point just made...

I hate Ole Miss more than any other team... I am not even old enough to know the real hatred of Ole Miss... but I got it...

Point is even the Texas A&M thing... they have texas...

most states have those two big schools... problem is our other big school went away... so you have to go to a school like Tenn/Fla match up or OSU/ MICH... although Mich/Mich St might be pretty heated... dont really know... you really have to look at states that are stuck out there as the one main dominatant school with no one else in sight in the state...

LSU has dominated everyone in Louisiana... with ULL 0-21 or 22, and tech only mustering 1 win against us to like 20 or 21 losses... That only leaves ULM which hasnt beat us. Tulane has fallen so far off the map its not even funny. I personally think if we are going to play someone every year it should be Tulane... and switch it back to the last game... i mean not that many people go to the LSU / Ark game... might as well make it a rent a win...

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Uh yeah, competitivity...

Whatever that means...:hihi:

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Red is right, again! :)

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

As a resident of Texas, believe me, A & M really feels Texas is their rival. The two fanbases hate each other. But Texas fans harbor similar animosity for OU and Arkansas (even after all these years; it didn't help when Matt Jones and company won in Austin in '03).

Still, most A & M fans hate LSU about as much at UT, and they hate our fans worse than the "teasips."

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yup, Red is right.
    Except for, say, Michigan-Ohio State, most all traditional rivalries are in-state.
    Given Tulane is on life-support, I'm thinking Arkansas is your best bet long-term, as they don't have an in-state foe, either.
    A true rivalry is where both teams claim the other to be their biggest/natural rival.
    So what we need to do here is jump-start the new Arkansas rivalry... get it into the headlines. Maybe you could ship them a hog named Hillary, which they have to keep on display and feed until they beat you.
    And if they beat you, you'll take it back, feed it, and rename it Ray Nagin.

So, what you need to find is a bi-sexual pig.

Get hoppin'... time's a wastin'.