LSU's Defense Still number one, and Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Oct 14, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Until last week I have looked at LSU's defense stats with a sort of "well thats nice but we have not really played anyone, but they are pretty good I guess"

However I got to thinking last night. Who has, we have played teams no worse then everyone else in the top 10. Actually if you add Florida, and if you have kept an eye on Miami of Ohio who seems to be putting up numbers we have played decent Offensive teams, as well as Virginia Tech (Man what I would do to play them now....).
    Say what you want about Florida, they are still a very good football team. They will thump Auburn this week. I promise you. LSU's defense IS one of the top three in the Nation. LSU stoned a very prolific offense. Grossman got picked not because he is terrible because LSU disguised its defense and confused the heck out of UF. PLain and Simple. You dont become a bad QB from a Hiesman Candidate. LSU beat UF, UF did not beat themseleves.

Anyway I digress. LSU's Defense I think is the best we have had in a very very long.

Question, how many seniors do we have on D. I know Mr. James is (Imagine what we would be like if Faulk would not have made the decision he did...).
    I know I could look it up, but I was curious on reply's

Anyway, if Mauck can continue his improvement. Our defense will keep us in ANY game. Get our Offense humming as it did the last 6-7 games of last year, and Go whomever is playing Miami, VT, and OU because we have a chance....

What a great Monday

Geaux Tigers.

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Good post. Sunday morning I watched the LSU/Florida broadcast on the Sunshine network (breakfast with the Gators, anyone with DirecTV and has the sports pack gets this station). And during the early moments of the game the announcers were questioning the Tigers #1 D ranking. In fact they even showed a graphic of our D stats against "the bad teams" (direct quote). They did this questioning for almost a full 3 quarters, that is until they realized that the Tigers D is pretty good. They were good last year, and the they fixed the poor passing D we had (truely adding to the great Dline and LBs we have). But it should be noted that by the end of the game, the announcers were patting LSU on the back and saying that they really must be the best in the country.

For a good time I suggest getting your hands on a copy of that tape (I think they are broadcasting it one more time on the Sunshine network), it is great for all the back tracking the announcers have to do.

3. shadez

shadez Freshman

I am pretty sure the replay is again on Tuesday nights on Sunshine (632 on DirecTV) at 11pm EST (10pm CST).

Holding Grossman and Company to 7 points in The Swamp definitely grabbed my attention. Holding down The Citadel, Miami OH, U-LaLa and Miss State is one thing, but making Grossman look bad is another.

Looking forward to seeing how our offense responds in a very hostile environment Saturday night.