LSU's Defensive Line

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 2, 2014.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Valentine has already been told he is redshirting according to what his HS coach said. Bain was suspended and will get a lot of playing time this year if everything is squared away. Gilmore is a little behind the others right now. Herron I suspect was held out too even though Les said he wasn't suspended. Not sure exactly why though at this time.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Don't jump to conclusions...wait till the MooState game to see what we have on the DL.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Heron suspended, Gilmore the next under achiever, Godchaux pretty damn good and Valentine redshirting. What else you want to know? And what broke a$$ fool ever bought a dime bag anyway?

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I don't need to wait until tomorrow AM. What I saw Saturday night wasn't impressive. I don't expect it to be any better in less than three weeks.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Ok, Brick and Chief likes guys that know the playbook, can use the technique taught, etc. Godchaux is one that came in did what was needed and learned the playbook. I don't see us going up a better Ol than what we saw Sat night. Wiskey started 3 Red-Shirt Srs., one Red-Shirt Jr. and one Red-Shirt Soph. Mike Detillier said all these guys would make it into an NFL camp, hes right. Lots of young kids grew up Sat. night, on both sides of the ball. Les said that would have liked to get Gilmore and Herron into the game, but didn't. Go back and look at the play of Godchaux, he was getting double teamed and still putting on the pressure. He played between 10-15 plays.

6. TwistedTiger

Three weeks is a long time when you're talking about young inexperienced DL. If the talent and drive are there massive improvement is possible, but definitely not guaranteed. I think we will see steady improvement with each game as they gain experience and weed out the under achievers.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Well I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to get excited if they play lights out against SHSU & La Monroe.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm just hoping they didn't strike out on Herron, Bain, and Gilmore.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. TwistedTiger

Well they were all very highly rated. If none of them pay off I'd start questioning development, not recruiting.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Les and the staff, has never had this problem, don't see it now.

gyver and cajdav1 like this.